The GOODS from Cafe Medina
Vancouver BC | Café Medina seeking Event Coordinator This position is ideal for an innovative, highly organized individual, who possesses advanced communication skills, professionalism, and initiative. Responsibilities include Business Development, managing general administrative activities, and liaising with clients both in person and over the phone. Previous experience and familiarity with the hospitality industry and professional events is an asset. This is a Unique opportunity for an inspired leader to join one of the most tight knit families in the Vancouver hospitality industry and carve their own niche.
Although Medina for the most part is synonymous with brunch we are also an evening event destination that has hosted countless corporate events, weddings and random celebrations.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
– Correspondence, coordination and management of all Private Events held at Café Medina
– All correspondence with client, in house team and purveyors from initial contact to post-event follow up.
– Must have solid understanding of the Medina brand and should be able to convey this in all communications with client, in house staff and purveyors.
– Must be available for site visits with prospective clients, meetings with prospective clients – Responsible for reviewing and communicating all details pertaining to event including contracts, insurance, budget requirements and food and beverage specifications as well as deadline for request submissions and have proof of written confirmation of the above.
– Required to maintain strong client relations and ensure all events questions, changes and updates are attended to and communicated to interested parties in a timely manner.
– Expected to take part in daily service shifts to make up for hours not spent on Event duties.
Experience and Qualifications:
– Successful candidates will have at least 3 years hospitality experience
– Strong organizational and communication skills
– Superior attention to detail
– Strong Computer skills
– Proactive self starter
– Ability to handle conflicting deadlines and prioritize
To apply, Please visit https://www.medinacafe.com/careers.
ABOUT CAFÉ MEDINA | Since opening in 2008, Café Medina has been serving up its signature brand of Mediterranean-inspired cuisine, connoisseur-savvy coffee and sweet sustenance via the city’s best Belgian waffles. A quaint, bistro-styled restaurant replete with old-world charm and proprietor Robbie Kane’s determined philosophy of enlightened hospitality, Café Medina provides a full complement of fresh and eclectic breakfast, lunch and daily brunch alternatives and a pioneering attitude towards café culture. Since moving to its new location in Vancouver’s Library District at 780 Richards Street in 2014, the new Café Medina has continued to garner numerous rave reviews, cementing its longstanding reputation as the city’s leading brunch destination.