The GOODS from Hawksworth
Vancouver, BC | Hawksworth Restaurant is currently seeking to hire an all-star, experienced Manager to join our growing team. This position requires someone who will connect with both our guests and staff in a way that is genuine and long-lasting. Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, they will ensure the day-to-day success of Hawksworth Restaurant.
Who We Are:
A celebration of Vancouver’s cultural diversity and natural environment Hawksworth Restaurant showcases ingredient led, contemporary cuisine that demonstrates the highly skilled technique and relentless drive for perfection that has become Chef David Hawksworth’s trademark.
Five-time winner of Best Upscale Restaurant in Vancouver Magazine’s Restaurant Awards, Hawksworth Restaurant is glamorous and elegant, yet relaxed and welcoming with warm and attentive service. Hawksworth Restaurant is located in the heart of the city at Georgia and Howe Streets within the legendary Rosewood Hotel Georgia.
Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with in bar dining menus and its own private rooms, Hawksworth can deliver an array of dining experiences from power breakfasts to after-work drinks, to formal gala events.
Who You Are:
– You have exceptional leadership abilities in order to inspire motivation throughout the restaurant
– You have a hunger for continuous improvement and learning; not only for yourself but for the members of your team
– You display full engagement in your surroundings and notice the details
– You are willing to accept the responsibility for making changes to the status quo
– You possess the ability to redirect customer discontent into positive experiences
– You value cooperation, hard work, resilience, and a positive attitude and are willing to require them at all times from yourself and your team
What You’ll Do:
– You will work alongside other shift managers to oversee all aspects of the services you work. From ensuring proper staffing levels, to being on top of all special guests requests, to managing any issues that may arise throughout
– Every day you will be asked to do the best you can to lead the team with integrity and confidence, showing the team that their leaders have a plan to execute the day’s services
– You will need to communicate each day with those above, beside and below you to ensure that you have what you need to be successful
– You will always uphold the high standards for Hawksworth Restaurant Group and ensure that we are not cutting corners. Only the best each and every day will do!
– Support the systems of the restaurant, whether they are our software or our people systems
Need to Have:
– A minimum of 2 years of fine-dining management experience
– The ability to lead the team with solid instruction by setting an example of hard-work
– A very keen eye for detail and a drive for perfection
– Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
– A great sense of humour and the ability to roll with the punches
Nice to Have:
– An education in hospitality management is desired but not mandatory
– Previous experience with guest reservation systems and Squirrel is also desired but not required
What You’ll Get From Us: Among the many perks of working with Hawksworth Restaurant Group is the opportunity to receive great instruction from some of the city's best leaders, the ability to be promoted and grow within the company, and extended health benefits to all management employees. Compensation is dependent on experience but does include gratuities in addition to a salary that is competitive with industry standards.
Please send your resume and cover letter detailing why you would be a great fit with us to kh [at] hawksworthgroup.com.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
About Hawksworth Restaurant | Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, Hawksworth Restaurant embraces contemporary Canadian cuisine with a goal of setting forth a culinary legacy rooted in regional produce that celebrates the cultural diversity of Vancouver. Six-time winner of Vancouver Magazine Restaurant Award’s Best Upscale Restaurant, Hawksworth Restaurant is grown up and glamorous, yet relaxed and welcoming, ready to deliver an array of memorable dining experiences. Approachable menus reflect seasonality and spontaneity, whilst demonstrating the highly skilled technique and relentless drive for perfection that has become Hawksworth’s trademark. Three distinctive rooms, including Hawksworth Cocktail Bar are complemented by two elegant private spaces, designed to reflect the vibrancy, creativity and quality of the cuisine.