The GOODS from Elisa
Vancouver, BC | Toptable Group is seeking a Restaurant Manager to oversee our front-of-house operations for the newest addition to our restaurant group located in Yaletown. Designed by the internationally renowned and award-winning Rockwell Group in New York, this elegant and modern steakhouse breaks the old-school mold and highlights a vibrant see-and-be-seen destination restaurant. Anchored by an open show kitchen and a Grillworks Infierno as the centre piece, the menu will feature premium cuts of beef, sustainable seafood, and seasonal produce — all locally sourced. The convivial atmosphere flows from the airy dining room sections to the bar and lounge and through to a communal table.
The Restaurant Manager will help inspire, develop, oversee, and manage the front-of-house team, while working closely with the management team to support the creation and delivery of a unique and elevated guest experience that is in harmony with the kitchen’s food program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
– Serves as an educator, as well as an inspirational, committed, and responsible leader to the restaurant’s front-of-house teams
– Assists with overseeing the day-to-day operations of the restaurant
– Maintains exceptional standards of professionalism and hospitality
– Leads by example, inspiring staff to deliver a memorable food and beverage experience
– Displays a genuine passion to facilitate and exceed guest service expectations
– Ensures the delivery of superior customer service through effective staff training and education
– Actively participates in the mentorship and support of all team members
– Develops a strong and positive rapport with both staff and guests alike
– Drives positive results and aligns with business goals
– Under the direction of the Restaurant Director, initiates and executes special projects as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
– Minimum 2 years’ experience leading a premium food and beverage operation
– A professionally recognized wine and/or spirits certificate is an asset
– Related university degree or a combination of education and experience
– Highly committed to a premium level of quality
– Skilled at developing and creating food and beverage experiences that drive customer satisfaction and loyalty
– A solutions-provider committed to a vision of service to create an ultimate guest experience
– Strong verbal and written English communication skills
– Superior conflict resolution skills, with the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, clientele, suppliers, and partners
– Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills
– Comfortable with dealing with media, public speaking, and VIP guests
– Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume online. This position will remain open until filled.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume online here.