The GOODS from Cafe Medina
Vancouver BC | We are looking for an Executive Chef to lead our kitchen team. This is a rare opportunity to join a well-established and highly reputable restaurant in a back-of-house position that consists of an average 45-hour work week of mostly of daytime hours.
– At least three (3) years management experience working in a high volume, fast paced kitchen environment
– The ability to manage food, labour and inventory at the highest level
– Excellent cooking and menu development skills
– Implementation and facilitation of systems
– Ability to cultivate and retain relationships with staff and vendors
– Candidate will have a track record of leadership and commitment
– Professional demeanour and the ability to perpetuate a hard-earned company culture that is second to none.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a higher-than-industry-standard compensation package:
– an average 45-hour work week consisting mostly of daytime hours (with occasional evening events)
– one (1) month paid vacation per year
– full benefits after probationary period
– Strong team dynamic
– Tremendous growth opportunity
– Daily staff meal/drink
Since we first opened our doors in 2008, Café Medina has cultivated an award-winning reputation as Vancouver’s premier brunch destination thanks to our eclectic mix of Mediterranean-inspired cuisine, connoisseur-savvy coffee and the city’s best Belgian waffles. And while accolades are always welcome, we realize that a big part of our success isn’t just the food or our quaint, old-world charm — it’s also due to the dedicated efforts of a talented team of employees. Our staff members are every bit as important to us as our guests, and in the same manner we aim to provide sustenance in every way, shape and form to those who visit our restaurant, we strive to do the same for those we are lucky enough to share the floor and line with every day.
We never forget who is out there on the front lines and behind the scenes working hard to maintain the Café Medina mystique that has made us a cornerstone of the local culinary scene. We’ve been in your shoes and we know the difference between a good hospitality industry job and a GREAT one involves nurturing, encouraging growth and showing gratitude to your staff. To that end, we are proud to offer a higher-than-average wage, full benefits and a positive, high-energy working environment that encourages artistic license, a sense of ownership and the latitude to showcase your individual strengths while helping to reinforce our commitment to first-rate customer service that creates lasting impressions. At Café Medina, you’re not just a cog in the wheel. You’re part of the family.
Send your resume and cover letter in confidence to robbie medinacafe.com. Discretion assured.
Please note: although we appreciate the time it takes to submit an application, we are only able to respond to candidates with the desired level of experience.