the GOODS from Gotham Steakhouse & Bar
Vancouver, BC | Gotham has always been about family, but that does not only mean the founders, the Aisenstats. The Gotham family includes everyone who has ever worked at Gotham, and all our loyal guests. Gotham staff take pride in being part of a successful team and in providing a memorable fine dining experience to our guests. Staff feel part of the Gotham history and tend to stay for a while. Our guests are part of the family, too – with many being the second generation to dine with us. For more information on Gotham Steakhouse & Bar, please visit our website at www.gothamsteakhouse.com.
WHAT WILL OUR LINE COOK/FIRST COOK DO? | The Line Cook/First Cook is a hands-on role that assists the kitchen in ensuring guests’ food orders are prepared accurately and efficiently and that they arrive at the table on time. Line Cooks/First Cooks liaise primarily with the kitchen management and staff but also with the front of house management and other service staff to ensure a smooth flow of orders from the kitchen to the table following Gotham’s service philosophy. To be successful in this role, you have thorough knowledge and demonstrated competence in the following areas:
– Food knowledge including understanding the general theme and content of menus and being able to offer alternatives as needed or requested
– Technical knowledge of what it takes to be a line cook in a high volume, full service kitchen
– Adhering to restaurant policy and procedures
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED? | Our business is built on exceptional guest service. We set the bar high with our standards of service and strive to exceed guest expectations. To excel in this position, you need to be prepared to deliver outstanding service by having:
– A minimum of one year’s experience in a high volume, full service kitchen
– Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
– Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
– Understanding and knowledge of the fine dining restaurant industry is a definite asset
– The utmost of professionalism and attention to detail
– Strong personal initiative
– Ability to work effectively in a team environment
WHAT DO WE OFFER EMPLOYEES? | Gotham attracts and retains the best. We offer benefits, flexible hours and part-time or full-time positions. We adhere to high standards of service but also give you independence to develop your own unique approach to serving our guests. We are a friendly company with a personable and professional fine dining service offering. If you like working with a successful team and representing a longstanding, recognized and well-respected brand, this job would be perfect for you. We have plans for opening new restaurants and want the right people to grow with us.
HOW TO APPLY? | Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring your resume to Gotham Steakhouse and Bar at 615 Seymour Street. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted but that we thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Gotham Steakhouse.