The GOODS from Jamjar
Vancouver, BC | Jamjar is a “from scratch” Lebanese restaurant focused on traditional fare that would normally only be available in Lebanese homes. With a menu primarily consisting of mezze or share plates it’s a vibrant small restaurant that brings people together and a great venue for friends and family to connect and build strong ties through sharing food.
With expansion plans under way, we’re looking for an experienced candidate to oversee the daily operation of our flagship restaurant.
What you will be doing
In a nutshell, we are looking for a person who is able to build on the success we’ve established and take our culinary team to the next level. Overseeing the entire kitchen operation, the scope involves both administrative and operational acumen and a high level of multi-tasking.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone who is great at managing people, versatile, has a keen eye for detail and consistently challenges the status quo and thinks outside the box. You’re someone who is excited about growth and development both for yourself and team members, someone who is passionate about training and is a very effective communicator.
Role specifics | Apart from your personality traits we are looking for someone who is able to deliver:
– Consistent food production
– A great working environment for the team you lead by providing clear expectations, offering guidance and supervising for success
– A consistent labor cost percentage in line with set budgets
– A consistent food cost percentage in line with our business goals
– Scheduling that is focused on business needs and a fair balance for your team members
– Daily and weekly food ordering
– A bi-yearly menu revamp
– Ideas and avenues to grow the business in collaboration with the General Manager
– Great customer experience in an open concept kitchen
– Special events and caterings aimed at expanding our market segment
What you’ve done before?
We’re looking for someone that has a mix of free standing and a “corporate” experience. You need to be comfortable with food costing, establishing standard recipe cards, being able to tackle menu engineering, have a fair understanding of PNL’s. More importantly, we’re looking for great attitude and eagerness to learn and grow.
You’ve never cooked Lebanese or Middle Eastern before? Don’t let that deter you, while it’s nice to have, it’s the least of our concerns.
What do we have to offer?
We’re offering a playground for you to challenge your skills, grow and develop.
– A competitive salary
– Extended health benefits
– A competitive incentive plan
To apply, please email your resume to fadi.e [at] jam-jar.ca.