The Goods from Hester Creek
Oliver, BC | Hester Creek Estate Winery is one of the oldest Estate Vineyards in the Okanagan Valley boasting the award-winning Tuscan inspired Terrafina Restaurant and The Villa at Hester Creek, a 6-room bed and breakfast style full-service accommodation. Hester Creek Estate Winery is also home of one of the most beautiful wine shops in the Okanagan Valley including an 80-seat patio, 14 seat demonstration kitchen and multiple event spaces.
Terrafina Restaurant at Hester Creek Estate Winery is currently looking for a Sous Chef for our award-winning Tuscan inspired restaurant. Terrafina is an all-day kitchen and the successful candidate will need to have a wide range of culinary expertise as well as a passion for Italian cuisine and be willing to work evenings and weekends.
Offering full-time year-round employment for the right candidate along with a great working environment and culinary inspiration. This position will report directly to the restaurant chef and will handle the daily operations of the kitchen and its team in the absence of the chef.
– Red seal certification (bonus but not required)
– Food safe level 1 certification
– Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and up to 50 lbs., bending, moving intermittently
– Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
– Possess a passion for the culinary arts
– Ability to stand for extended periods of time
– Able to work under pressure
– Ability to monitor physical inventory, including kitchen equipment, food items, and other supplies, and generating purchase orders as needed
– Demonstrated understanding of proper food storage and product rotation procedures to ensure freshness and quality
What Terrafina at Hester Creek offers:
– Competitive wage and benefits package after completion of 3-month introductory period
– Full-time year-round position
– Fun and positive working environment
– A strong commitment to excellence and forward growth
– Located on the beautiful Golden Mile Bench in Oliver British Columbia in the world-renowned Okanagan Valley
– A dedicated and supportive management team
– Wine incentives
– Fun staff events
Please apply directly with resume and cover letter to Roger Gillespie – Director of Hospitality – via roger [at] hestercreek.com.
ABOUT HESTER CREEK | At Hester Creek Estate Winery, our roots run deep. As one of the oldest wine properties in the South Okanagan, we are graced with historic vineyards and a modern winery. A pioneer on the Golden Mile Bench, our vineyard was first planted with classic varietals in 1968. Blending traditional, sustainable vineyard practices and innovative winemaking with a state of the art cellar, our wines reflect our celebrated terroir. A destination winery, Hester Creek offers a gracious wine country welcome to guests, with premium old vines wines, and unique True Wine Experiences. Our Mediterranean influenced setting offers customized tastings, scenic patios, summer barbeques, live music, farm-to-table cooking classes, luxury Tuscany styled villas, and Italian inspired dining at Terrafina at Hester Creek.