The ever-evolving Restaurant Graveyard series looks back at the countless, long-shuttered establishments that helped to propel Vancouver’s food and drink forward. Full A-Z with maps and photos here. May they never be forgotten!
Owned by Ed Perrow, Georgia Goritsas and chef Neil Taylor, this modern British pub in Coal Harbour/West End was launched in the old La Gavroche house at 1616 Alberni Street in the summer of 2014. It was well known for its friendly pints, scotch eggs, fish and chips, rarebits and miniature Yorkshire puddings topped with roast beef, gravy and horseradish creme fraiche (pictured above). It shuttered after a 2.5 year year run.
The photos above and below were taken on its first service back in June, 2014.