The GOODS from Quails’ Gate
West Kelowna, BC | At Quails’ Gate Winery we believe that fostering growth in individuals and providing a positive place to work – where employees feel they are contributing to something memorable – is integral to providing a quality winery experience for our guests.
Old Vines Restaurant at Quails’ Gate Winery is one of the top-rated restaurants in the Okanagan Valley and an all-season culinary destination. Immerse yourself in a true culinary playground with the freshest ingredients the Okanagan has to offer. From freshly-caught fish and naturally raised meats to home grown produce and locally foraged wild edibles, farm-to-table cooking is a way of life. Old Vines Restaurant is considered one of the best places to learn or refine your craft.
Who you are:
– You are passionate about your craft and eager to learn and advance your career
– You are a story teller and understand that all food and wine have a story to tell in regards to its terroir and its journey to the plate
– You excel in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
– You are detail oriented – knowing that the difference between something good and something great is attention to detail
– You are a good communicator and possess good time management and organizational skills
– You possess a positive attitude and are willing to learn new techniques
What we are looking for:
– Enrolled in or successful completion of a formal Chef training program
– 2-3 year of previous experience in a similar role (preferably fine dining) when applicable
– Current Food Safe Certificate or equivalent
– Flexible schedule – which may include early starts and late finishes
– Reliability and commitment is essential
When you join our award winning culinary team lead by Chef, Roger Sleiman, you will have the Okanagan’s four season, year-round playground at your doorstep. From the beaches of Lake Okanagan and hikes through provincial parks, to the snow-covered peaks of local ski hills – the Okanagan lifestyle shines through in everything we do.
As we head into the 2019 season, we are looking for experienced, talented, mature individuals to join our culinary team in the following roles: Cooks, CDP and Sous Chef.
For more details please visit our careers page at: https://www.quailsgate.com/careers/
To apply please send your resume to: employment [at] quailsgate.com.