The GOODS from Notturno
Vancouver, BC | With summer officially underway, we’re excited to launch our new food and cocktail menus. Some cool new additions include chilled tomato soup with our signature Crema di Burrata and Prosciutto di Parma with compressed melon, extra virgin olive oil and maldon salt.
And if refreshing cocktails are your thing, our selection this month is sure to hit the spot. A couple highlights include the Moyobamba with Pisco, gin, mango syrup, lime juice, calamansi puree, firewater tincture (Created by Amber Bruce at Cuchillo, 2015), and of course an H original – the Queen of Scotland with blended scotch, calvados, maraschino, Cinzano Rosso vermouth, Apothecary aromatic bitters, absinthe rinse, and lemon oil.
Also on our summer roster, number six of our Monthly Wine Dinner Series on July 27 will take us to Andalusia, Spain. Menu details and pricing coming soon. Thanks to everyone who joined us for our Japanese-inspired dinner on June 15. We had a lot of fun, a lot of food, and a lot of sake.
– Pane Bello and Serego Alighieri extra virgin olive oil, maldon salt
– Chilled tomato soup with Crema di Burrata
– Warm Castelvetrano olives, extra virgin olive oil, cracked chili, maldon salt
– Pearl Bocconcini in chili, mint extra virgin olive oil, maldon salt
– Beef Carpaccio, garlic puree, Marsala braised onions
– Potted chicken livers with a Marsala gelatina
– Prosciutto di Parma, compressed melon, extra virgin olive oil, maldon salt
– Feature pasta (please ask for details)
– Unilateral seared BC Salmon, lemon rosemary curd, smashed summer peas, mint
– Burrata (choice of):
~ Straight up: Serego Alighieri extra virgin olive oil, maldon salt, cracked pepper
~ Summer peas and mint puree
~ Italian black truffle
– Salumi and cheese board with accoutrements
– Felice – Grappa, lemon peel and coffee bean essence, Cinzano Rosso vermouth, red wine reduction syrup, Aphrodite bitters, white truffle and lemon oil garnish.
– Naked Ape – Dark rum, golden rum, lemon juice, cinnamon syrup, banana liqueur, Angostura bitters (Created by Martin Cate at Smuggler’s Cove, San Francisco).
– Skyline – Blanco rum, lime juice, pineapple juice, vanilla syrup (Created at the Kenilworth Hotel, United Kingdom).
– Moyobamba – Pisco, gin, mango syrup, lime juice, calamansi puree, firewater tincture (Created by Amber Bruce at Cuchillo, 2015).
– Queen of Scotland – Blended scotch, calvados, maraschino, Cinzano Rosso vermouth, Apothecary aromatic bitters, absinthe rinse, lemon oil (Created by H at Notturno, 2015).
280 Carrall Street | Vancouver, BC
Telephone: 604-720-3145 | Email: info [at] notturnogastown.ca
Web: www.notturnogastown.ca | Twitter: @notturnogastown
Hours: Open Tuesday to Saturday: 6 p.m. to late | No reservations
Chef/Co-owner – William Robitaille
Bartender – H
Co-owner – Scott McTavish
A Gastown Italian bàcari with an ever-changing selection of cicchetti share plates, craft cocktails, wines by the glass and BC-brewed craft beers, Notturno has something for everyone.
Chef and co-owner William Robitaille has designed Italian-inspired fare with a focus on seasonal, market-fresh products. Industry trained in the West Coast style with Italian and Spanish influences, Robitaille has worked in some of the finest restaurants in Vancouver and Whistler where he developed new and exciting menus. Wine consultant Chris Royal has curated a wine program that expertly complements the food menu.
Known around the world simply as “H”, Notturno’s craft cocktail maker and Vancouver Magazine’s Bartender of the Year for 2013, designed our signature cocktail Gli Felice. This along with H’s five monthly creations is sure to please every taste. Like our menu, our space delivers an eclectic combination of historic and modern.
The new look by Andrea Rodman Interiors is designed to combine the rustic look synonymous with the surrounding Gastown neighbourhood and modern detailing. Master woodworkers Josh Hooge and Steve McFarlane of J&S Reclaimed Wood Custom Furniture have created a new feature wall and bar counter.
Eater Magazine – Vancouver Heat Map | This tiny bar and restaurant tucked away on Carrall has cocktail fans thoroughly over-excited thanks to bartender H’s creative concoctions – impressively, William Robitaille’s Italian tapas even delighted notoriously hard-to-please Globe & Mail critic Alexandra Gill.
Alexandra Gill, Globe and Mail | Notturno’s signature Gli Felice is, as advertised, “a taste of Tuscany in a glass.” I happily say to you that of all the tiny tapas-style wine bars in Gastown, Notturno hits higher than most.
Vancouver Magazine | Don’t miss chef’s succulent Venetian ling cod, which is poached and whipped with olive oil while warm, then served with salty pops of steelhead roe […] “H” (Vancouver magazine’s 2013 Bartender of the Year) mixes exacting craft cocktails with bitter-predominant Italian flair.
Notturno is located at 280 Carrall Street in Gastown. Regular hours are Tuesdays to Saturdays, 6 p.m. to late.