The GOODS from The Pointe Restaurant at the Wickaninnish Inn
Tofino, BC | The Pointe Restaurant at the Wickaninnish Inn in Tofino is currently taking applications for the open position of executive sous chef. To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to jobs [at] wickinn.com
– Be responsible for assisting the Executive Chef, as the second in charge, of all aspects of the operations of the kitchen and for maintaining the highest level of culinary excellence.
– Duties include/but not limited to; production, presentation, human resources, supervising staff, development, mentoring, ordering, inventory and cost controls and use of software management programs to ensure a smooth function of the Kitchen.
– Participate in menu development, both creatively and technically.
– Responsible for new menu execution including training of the brigade.
– Additional duties in absence of the Executive Chef.
– This position would primarily focus on evening service.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
– Exceptional attention to detail.
– Must thrive in a fast paced working environment.
– Must be familiar with current Culinary and Food & Beverage trends, innovations and techniques including but not limited to keeping your education and knowledge base relevant.
– Must be creative and innovative yet able to adjust style to suit guest’s specific needs and requests.
– Must be a team player and a natural leader.
– Have a calm demeanour.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Superb time management and organizational skills.
– Be knowledgeable and capable to meet and exceed Relais Chateaux and AAA 4 Diamond standards.
– 2 years of previous Leadership/Management experience in a fine dining or high end service restaurant.
– Ability to make a 2 year commitment to the position.
– Journeyman/Red Seal Certification an asset.
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org. By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or indirectly through public social media.
Charles McDiarmid, Managing Director
Warren Barr, Executive Chef
David Sider, Restaurant Chef
Jamie Wilson, Sous Chef
Martin Dean, Junior Sous Chef
Adrian Gatt, Food & Beverage Administration Manager
Daniel Vogel, Food and Beverage Service Manager
About The Pointe Restaurant
Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Châteaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa and refined West Coast cuisine at award-winning The Pointe Restaurant. Surveying the panoramic vistas from the westernmost point of Tofino’s idyllic Chesterman Beach, The Pointe Restaurant’s inspired West Coast cuisine and attentive service come gift-wrapped with 240 degree views of the Pacific Ocean, surrounding islands and wildlife. Much of the fresh seafood is fished from the very waters overlooked by The Pointe, and a longstanding focus on locally sourced, high quality ingredients is evident. Dinner is offered on a seasonal à la carte menu, but for the best of the best, try Chef Warren Barr’s weekly tasting menu. Daily brunch is a true treat and a favourite with local Tofitians. Out of the ordinary desserts reflect an innovative Pastry program where most everything – from bread to butter to scrumptious chocolate croissants are house made. An extensive wine list, recognized yearly by Wine Spectator magazine, showcases BC’s finest selections with a broad range of international bottlings. Over 100 Scotch Whiskies and a creative cocktail menu can be savoured in the comfortable On the Rocks Lounge. A true taste of Rustic Elegance On Nature’s Edge – and the West Coast’s best views – are on the menu at Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant.
Member, Tofino Ucluelet Culinary Guild Vancouver Magazine Restaurant Awards, Best Resort Dining Wine Spectator, Best of Award of Excellence (July 2011) Travel + Leisure Magazine, T+L World’s Best Awards, #1 in Canada 91.67 Andrew Harper’s Reader’s Survey, #7 International Hideaway out of 1,000 Inns (October 2011) Sunday Times Travel (London Times), 100 Best Hotels in the World, #1 in North America (October 2011)