“Big Lou’s” Teasing Carnivores On The Corner Of Powell & Gore

IMG_7078

On my way home today I stopped to see if Big Lou’s had opened yet at 269 Powell (so I could purchase a BIG ASS STEAK). It looked good to go. All the lights were on and there was a uniformed butcher carving meat in the front window. Alas, no. I was told that I’d have to wait until Wednesday morning for the cash register to kick into operation for real. OK, fine, but don’t mind me if I hold out for Tuesday afternoon. The place is done save for the hanging of art on the walls and the filling up of the display cases, two jobs that looked to be just about complete. With a green light from the city, I wonder what they’re waiting for, because I need my fracking meat for frick’s sake…

Before

After

ALL ANTICIPATED OPENINGS

10 Responses to ““Big Lou’s” Teasing Carnivores On The Corner Of Powell & Gore”

1. Alan on January 11th, 2011 5:57 pm

Looks great! Established 1942? That’s a little odd…

2. David J. Cooper on January 11th, 2011 6:03 pm

Much like the Corner Suite Bistro, the hype started too soon and now I’ve lost interest. Honestly I drive by the place almost everyday and check it out only to see the gate locked and the cooler by the door empty.

It’s OK though Cioffi’s always seem to be open.

3. Alex on January 12th, 2011 12:02 pm

Regardless of hype, I’m still interested in checking the place out, even if they said they’d be open on the 3rd originally.

4. Liam Stockwell on January 12th, 2011 5:14 pm

its not a perfect world sometimes good things take time. this place opened today and it is fantastic!!

5. Scout Magazine on January 12th, 2011 5:21 pm

I think less than 10% of restaurants on the target date. Have a sandwich.

6. wolfsleepy on January 13th, 2011 12:47 am

word around town is that if you lose David J Coopers interest too soon then you might as well pack it up.

7. Scout Magazine on January 13th, 2011 12:57 am

Yup. This shit is over already. :-)

8. Big Lou on January 13th, 2011 1:42 am

Yes I read that today after we got open and was like oh David Cooper lost interest and we sold it to a unnamed chain restaurant.

Guess 4 1/2 months to hurdle city halls blindsides, wait for contractors, and 235 other things on my list was way too long………

Lol just kidding David, but this city doesn’t make it easy to do much.

9. David J. Cooper on January 13th, 2011 1:40 pm

No offense taken. I’m glad people are finally realising how important I am. If you don’t believe me I’ll send my mother over to tell you.

Those aged New Yorks in the case look good though so I may give you another chance.

10. David J. Cooper on January 27th, 2011 5:55 pm

So I managed to remember to drop in this much anticipated shop. The porchetta sandwich was worth the wait. As good as the one at Meat and Bread. It hurts me to say it was even better actually.