Food Media Omnibus #261
Get your food media crack with our weekly distillation of who wrote what in city print and what’s being said on the local blogs:
What’s being said in print
- Carolyn Ali visits Robson’s still newish Chau in the Georgia Straight.
- Craig Takeuchi goes searching for Japanese breakfasts in the Georgia Straight.
- Mia Stainsby gives good marks to the new Irish Heather in the Vancouver Sun.
- Patricia Best talks up the upcoming star chef-studded “Senza Frontiere” dinner being put on by The Chef’s Table Society at Cioppino’s in the Globe.
- Alexandra Gill is not too impressed with the recently opened Miku in the Globe.
- Kristen Thompson discusses the opening of Lumiere and db Bistro Moderne in Metro.
- Anya Levykh slams Piato in Metro.
- Holiday tips from sommelier/restaurateur Tom Doughty (Fuel, Campagnolo) in the National Post.
- Warren Geraghty, West, and the West cookbook get some action in the Canadian Press.
- Tim Pawsey is impressed by Voya in The Courier.
- Michael White asks local chefs what they’d want for Christmas dinner in the Westender.
- I visit Finch’s and scarf baguettes in the Westender.
What’s being said on the blogs
- Eat, Snap, Repeat dishes on Taiwanese cuisine.
- Vancouver Eats reviews Glowbal and visits Chambar.
- Vancouver Slop goes on a first date to Le Faux Bourgeois.
- Tiny Bites makes a list of places to enjoy high tea.
- Butter On The Endive gets into the holiday spirit and makes a holiday ham.
- Everybody Likes Sandwiches tells us how to make hot spiced tea.