The Canadian Professional Bartenders Association (CPBA)
#900–555 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC
Facebook | Twitter | Web: www.canadianbartenders.com
President: Danielle Tatarin, The Keefer Bar
Vice-President: Simon Odgen, Veneto Lounge at the Hotel Rialto, Victoria
Vice-President: Brad Stanton, Hawksworth Restaurant
Treasurer: David Wolowidnyk, West Restaurant
Secretary: Robyn Gray, the Hotel Georgia
Director: Lauren Mote, Kale & Nori Culinary Arts Inc.
Director: Jay Jones, Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver
Director: Trevor Kallies, The Donnelly Group
Director: Colin Turner, Cin-Cin Ristorante
Director: Shaun Layton, L’Abattoir
Director: Gerry Jobe, Raudz Regional Table, Kelowna
Director: Cooper Tardivel, Hawksworth Restaurant
Director: Shawn Soole, Clive’s Classic Lounge at the Chateau Victoria, Victoria
(biennial elections process by paid CPBA members)
About The Canadian Professional Bartender’s Association
The Canadian Professional Bartender’s Association was formed in 2009 in order to standardize professional Bartending across Canada. Our monthly meetings and events provide our members and supporters with a forum to exchange news, techniques and innovative ideas. We involve liquor brands and other related businesses to help forge lasting connections with the bartending community, using nothing less than passion and cooperation. We are a Non-Profit organization registered in BC (S-55806); all funds received go towards events and educational programs for Bartenders across Canada.
The CPBA is an amplified voice for bartenders. Through national solidarity, our dialogue with provincial liquor licensing agencies becomes more approachable, making the products we need readily available for all bartenders. Our website aims to be a virtual hub to connect bartenders across the country, and provide an educational platform for our members. Through this network we are able to evolve as a community, and become the best ambassadors in our profession.
The CPBA was created to build bonds between Bartending professionals across our nation – working together to raise Bars and Bartending quality in every community. Further to these goals, the CPBA looks to make Canada an active country member of the IBA (International Bartenders Association). Currently, the CPBA has provincial chapters in British Columbia (est. 2009) and Ontario (est. 2011). Alberta, Nova Scotia, and Quebec chapters are in development.
About Our Memberships
The Canadian Professional Bartenders Association is a group of Bartenders formed to exchange of news, techniques and ideas between members to encourage high standards and advancement of the profession of Bartending in Canada. We are a Non-Profit organization registered in BC (S-55806) all of the funds we raise go towards events and education for Bartenders across Canada.
Our head office is BC based and we will work to form Provincial chapters. The CPBA is working to become a member of the International Bartenders Association (IBA) with the goal of giving Canada international representation in the global Bartending community. If you are a Bartender in Canada you are an eligible member.
• Subscription to Imbibe Magazine
• Knowledge, Education & Career Opportunities
• News and Updates from the industry
• Yearly Competition + exclusive competitions throughout the year
• Health / Benefit Plan: Health & Dental, Travel Insurance, Critical Illness
• Apprenticeship program (in the works)
• The opportunity to guide and influence the craft of Bartending in the Canadian community
1 Year Membership: $75 ($0.21/day)
3 Year Membership: $150 ($0.14/day)
The Canadian Professional Bartenders Association (CPBA) invites all interested liquor brands and other companies to join our community of industry professionals as an Associate Member. Associate Membership to the CPBA provides a direct link to the people who sell your product, the bartenders themselves. This partnership will further strengthen relationships between liquor suppliers and purchasers while connecting the people behind bars with the brands and products they pour. Associate Members are given an opportunity to co-host official CPBA events and invite Brand Ambassadors, distillers and company representatives to speak directly to the community of committed bartending professionals.
• Logo placement on CPBA website, links to your brand website
• Access to the CPBA website resources
• Invitation to monthly CPBA meetings hosted by the CPBA committee and attended by CPBA members, guest speakers and fellow industry professionals
• Opportunity to invite your brand ambassadors, distillers, winemakers to speak at monthly meetings
• Opportunity to showcase products by sponsoring a vendor table at monthly meetings
• Receive monthly newsletter from the CPBA
• Opportunity to participate in the annual CPBA cocktail competition, plus several events & exclusive competitions throughout the year
• Work one-on-one with a CPBA event planner
Fees: $250 Annually per brand for CPBA BC Chapter Associate Membership.