The Goods from Settlement Brewing Co.
Vancouver, BC | The Settlement Brewing Manufacturing Collective, located in the Settlement Building in Railtown, Vancouver, is a facility of collaboration, innovation, and fermenting friendships.
Launched in 2016 under the Postmark Brewing name and sharing a home with its sister company, Vancouver Urban Winery, the space has evolved to allow room for creativity, small batch production, and invite new and growing beer and cider companies to contract tank space. The facility has been rebranded as Settlement Brewing to reflect the new energy of the brand, with a new Vision and Mission:
Memorable beers for everyday experiences.
Settlement Brewing is a collaborative space for makers, manufacturers, and craftspeople alike. We celebrate our unique facility as a place where our community can feel at ease and taken care of, and make memorable beers for everyday experiences.
We are on the hunt for an experienced and driven Head Brewer / Production Manager to join our crew. Responsibilities Include:
– Lead all areas of production including brewing, cellaring, packaging (kegging & canning)
– Monitor active fermentation and responsible for quality of final, packaged products.
– Inventory management including ordering (packaged product, materials, raw ingredients).
– Recipe development.
– Organize and manage the production schedule on a week to week basis across all brands, including but not limited to:
– Settlement Brewing
– Vancouver Urban Winery and Van Urban Cider
– contract brewery brands
– contract cider production
– Coordinate with the Settlement Building Controller on managing the production schedule month to month via our in house Tank Schedule
– Advise, liaise & instruct contract brands on brewery operations as needed
– Responsible for effectively leading a team and delegating tasks as necessary
– Responsible for all equipment and maintenance with a thorough understanding of how the production systems operate
– Effectively managing inventory and responsible for costs
– Accurate forecasting and scheduling to meet labour budgets
– Inventory Management via EKOS and Excel
– Packaged product inventory management via Camelot (Direct Tap) and Ollie Order
– Entering payroll for hourly employees via our third party company Big Chip
– Proper record keeping, including but not limited to:
– Accurate fermentation tracking and recording
– Accurate packaging records including units package, volume, losses, dates, etc…
– Excise reporting with Settlement Building Controller
– knowledge and understanding of the BCLDB and LCRB requirements
– understanding of SKU registration
-Small emphasis on salesmanship and using your network to create accounts organically
– Formal education in brewing (KPU, etc.) is strongly preferred
– Minimum three years experience in a production environment
– Experience leading a team and managing the production process
– Knowledge of other fermentation processes (cider, wine, mead, seltzer) is strongly preferred
– Physically fit; able to lift 55lb bags, etc., manoeuvre kegs, etc.
– Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel and Google Drive
– Forklift experience and certification necessary.
– Experience working with a canning line (Wild Goose) an asset.
– Understanding of WSBC requirements and importance of safety
– Strong communication skills.
– Ability to learn, receive feedback and implement it
– Highly organized
– Performance driven
– Environment focused
– Leadership driven – coaching and mentoring are key
– Fiscally Responsible – understanding of production financial reporting and how to present an Income Statement is not required but encouraged (and will be taught if unfamiliar with it)
– Mechanically inclined.
– Values integrity and accountability
– Ability to spot opportunities and challenges and find ways to implement solutions
– Team Player – with TSB staff and contractors
Schedule and Compensation
– Full time (Expect to work 40-50 hours a week)
– Paid Holiday & Health benefits
– Base salary based on years of experience with bonus potential
Think you’re the person for the job? Send your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All positions at the Settlement Building are open to any and every member of the community. Folks of all racial backgrounds and gender identities (LGBTQIA+) are encouraged to apply.