The GOODS from Sonora Resort
Sonora Island, BC | Join our world class team at Sonora Resort, a luxury all-inclusive Relais & Chateaux Resort, in the unspoiled wilderness of British Columbia. We are looking for talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to delivering an exceptional service experience for our guests and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
We’re hiring Housekeepers
Housekeepers will have a passion for excellence in guest service, a keen attention to detail and a strong background in housekeeping services. They are responsible for delivering 5-star cleaning service to our 88 beautiful guest rooms including turndowns and special services, resort laundry and cleaning the resort common areas. Housekeepers will be expected to work independently and within a team environment to provide clientele with an impeccable housekeeping experience.
Summary of Responsibilities
– Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
– Provide courteous, professional service and maintain a good working relationship with your own colleagues and all departments.
– Correctly clean all assigned guest rooms and common areas including dusting, making beds, linen removal from rooms, retrieval of clean linen from linen closets, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, inside window cleaning and more- all to Sonora Resort’s standards.
– Scrubbing, sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping the floors in guest rooms, public spaces, staff common areas and meeting rooms.
– Provide cleaning services during the day and turn down service into the late evening.
– Update and record all cleaned rooms in close relationship with the department manager and Guest Services.
– Return and properly tag all lost and found articles.
– Fill guest requests in a timely and efficient manner.
– Dispose of collected garbage and recycling in the appropriate areas; ensuring recycling is sorted correctly following Sonora’s environmental efforts.
– Laundry services including sorting, folding and pressing a variety of linen.
– Stocking closets with all room amenities, linens and bar stock.
– Maintain proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment.
– Report any maintenance issues to your manager or the maintenance department.
– Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards.
– Ensure good communication daily with the Department Manager on all issues; particularly those affecting customer services, employee relations and the economical operation of the Department.
– Understand and adhere to all guidelines as set out in company policies.
– Be aware of and promote safety standards to maintain a safe, fair and harassment free environment for all employees and guests.
– Perform any other reasonable duty or assignment requested by the Department or General Manager.
– One (1) year of experience in housekeeping services; experience in a live-in resort environment is preferred;
– High School Diploma required. Any additional education or experience in Housekeeping, Hospitality, Tourism, related fields would be an asset.
– First Aid certificates are an asset.
– Shift work is required during resort operational season; comprised of 10 working days and 4 non-working days, subject to change during peak season; employees are expected to be flexible in their scheduling to meet the needs of the business.
– Shift work may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
– Staff are required to leave the resort on their scheduled non-working days and are responsible for securing accommodation and further transportation thereafter.
– Accommodation, meals, water taxi transportation and staff amenities are provided while at the resort, along with competitive salary and benefit package.
Visa Requirements | Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY | Sonora Resort is an equal opportunity employer that aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
Please send your resume and cover letter to careers [at] sonoraresort.com and be sure to indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject line.
We wish to thank all applicants; however, due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. No telephone inquiries please. Be advised, Sonora Resort does not use third party recruitment services.
About Sonora Resort | Sonora Resort, a Relais & Chateâux property, is located on Sonora Island in the Discovery Islands of British Columbia. It is accessible by boat or air, and 50 minutes by helicopter from Vancouver. Known as one of Canada’s hidden gems, Sonora has a unique place in the world because of its secluded location, abundance of natural beauty and wildlife, with luxury accommodations and gourmet cuisine. Sonora operates seasonally from May to October and is part of the Relais & Chateâux association of the world’s finest hoteliers, chefs and restaurateurs that has set the standard for excellence in hospitality.