The GOODS from Fanny Bay Oyster Bar
Vancouver, BC | Our close knit team is looking to expand with a full time restaurant manager. Fanny Bay Oysters, as part of the Taylor Shellfish family of farms, is Canada’s largest shellfish producer. Fanny Bay Oyster bar has been an outlet for the farm to showcase the freshest top quality shellfish in Vancouver since 2016. The oyster bar offers a full dine in ‘tide to table’ concept, as well as a retail market, and wholesale department for direct to chef sales. Our team is small, but constantly on the go in this multi-use space. We are hoping to add a passionate and motivated person to our team that is ready to jump in and get a little ‘shucking’ crazy with us.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
– 3+ years of F&B management and supervisory experience
– Solid leadership skills and experience recruiting, training and managing staff
– Extensive food and beverage experience, sound judgement and knowledge of operations
– Catering, group menu experience is an asset
– Ability to multi-task and perform calmly in a fast paced environment
– Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to manage VIP clientele
– Exceptional organizational and communication skills
– Serving it Right / Food Safe
– Solid administrative skills including payroll, scheduling, ordering /inventory, report generating
– Flexible schedule including the ability to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended shift
– You must be entitled to work in Canada
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Assist General Manager in managing daily company operations to ensure positive, safe and profitable working environment.
– Implement quality and productivity objectives to achieve company goals.
– Ensure that employees follow the company standards, policies and strategies.
– Cooperate with General Manager in recruiting, training, payroll processing, performance evaluation, promotions, and releasing the employees.
– Coordinate with General Manager in planning short and long term projects, budgets expense controls, schedules, and manpower.
– Develop and implement staffing and business plan to achieve business target.
– Evaluate key productivity indicators and implement process improvement initiatives.
– Supervise product damage reduction activities, manual backorders, and orders.
– Order, purchase and stock product in a timely manner.
– Identify and report equipment repair and maintenance works promptly.
– Address operational, technical and mechanical issues in a timely manner.
– Manage direct reporting to General Manager related to financial, business, and administration matters.
– Develop positive working relationship with the support divisions and operations team to ensure proper operational support.
– Develop operational strategy and ensure that the operational activities meet the organizational requirements.
– Delegate daily work assignments and schedules for employees.
START DATE: Immediately
SALARY: Competitive salary, health benefits
APPLY NOW: Please send a resume and cover letter to the general manager damienf [at] fannybayoysters.com.
About Fanny Bay Oysters | Fanny Bay Oysters is the largest Canadian shellfish farming company, family-owned and operated. We grow oysters, clams, mussels, specializing in premium quality live half-shell oysters. In addition to our wholesale distribution, we own a bustling oyster bar and attached shellfish market in Vancouver to exemplify our “Tide to Table” philosophy and set the gold standard for oyster shucking presentation. Fanny Bay Oysters is a family company, committed to a positive work environment as well as long-tenured and happy employees. We believe that oysters are our region’s greatest culinary treasure, on par with other fine ingredients from around the world. We want to create an enthusiastic, exciting atmosphere with knowledgeable employees; to be great ambassadors of the Pacific Northwest.