The GOODS from East Van Roasters
Vancouver, BC | Give for social good while treating yourself or someone special to something sweet this Valentine’s Day with award-winning chocolate from East Van Roasters (319 Carrall St., Vancouver). Fill your heart knowing that your chocolate purchase will directly support mentorship-based programming and on-the-job training for women re-entering the work force. East Van Roasters (EVR) is a certified charity and social enterprise owned and operated by the PHS Community Services Society, a non-profit housing and health care agency.
The 2020 collection of artisanal treats are both organic and fair-trade and available for purchase now at the café. The Valentine’s collection includes heart-shaped boxes filled with various truffles, chocolates, confections and seasonal bars.
– Valentine’s Heart Box: $40 – 17-piece collection of EVR truffles and confections.
– Big Heart Box: $70 – 38-piece collection of EVR truffles and confections.
– “I Love You” Box: $25 – five honey-nib caramels and five honey nougat with a 110 mL jar of Hives for Humanity honey and a Buddha of Compassionate Love in a box.
WILL YOU B MINE DUO ($12)
– Hey Honey: Strawberry honey nougat with chocolate cookie crunch.
– My Heart’s Aflutter: Chocolate crispy rice and chewy coffee caramel.
– Buddha of Compassionate Love: $5 – Star anise and orange-infused ganache layered with mango pate de fruit, in a 1.5-inch kraft box.
– Roseberry Heart Truffle: $2 – Raspberry ganache layered with raspberry rose jelly.
– Heart Beets For You: $4.50 – Vibrant vegan chocolate bar with coconut, cascara, beet chips and candied ginger.
The 2020 Valentine’s Day collection is available now at East Van Roasters. Requests for large orders can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations that support East Van Roasters and other social enterprises operated by PHS can be made at PHS’s Canada Helps Page.
About East Van Roasters | East Van Roasters is a social enterprise operated by the PHS Community Services Society that roasts specialty coffee and makes bean-to-bar chocolate using single-origin, direct and fair trade beans. Situated in the historic Rainier Hotel at 319 Carrall St., East Van Roasters is a fully registered charity that employs women who have experienced challenges living in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside, and who benefit from a flexible and supportive work environment where they learn to produce fine chocolate and coffee and baked goods. All proceeds go back to supporting the social enterprise and the work they do to remove barriers for women in the community.