The GOODS from Juke Fried Chicken
Vancouver, BC | Award-winning bartending personality Sabrine Dhaliwal is stirring up things behind the pine at Juke Fried Chicken after recently joining the family at the Chinatown chicken-and-rib joint as its new Bar Manager.
Dhaliwal joins the Juke family after stints at some of Vancouver’s best bars including West, UVA Wine & Cocktail Bar and Pourhouse. She brings her extensive knowledge and reputation for concocting elegant-yet-funky twists on traditional drinks to the new Juke cocktail menu in such categories as ‘Bright & Refreshing’, ‘Spirit Forward’ and ‘Zero Proof’.
Bright & Refreshing:
– Ante Up (Wild Turkey bourbon, Aperol, baking spice, lemon, whole egg, orange bitters), $12;
– Anyone for Tennis? (Beefeater gin, Pimm’s No. 1, strawberry rhubarb, lemon plum & root beer bitters), $12;
– Orange Moon (dark rum, coffee-infused Licor 43, apple cider, vanilla, egg white), $12;
– Purple Rain (Wild Turkey bourbon, cassis, orgeat, pineapple, lime), $12.5;
– Shallows (Belvedere vodka, Blue Curacao, jasmine, yuzu, black pepper lemon bitters), $13.
– Can I Kick It? (Hennessy VS cognac, Dubonnet, peach tea, vanilla, milk, lemon), $12;
– Caribbean Amphibian (Flor de Caña 5 yr rum, amaretto, sweet vermouth, orange bitters), $12;
– Deception (Beefeater gin, yellow Chartreuse, Lillet, Cointreau, cranberry), $13;
– Strictly Business (Wild Turkey bourbon, Amaro Montenegro, Aperol, black pepper honey, grapefruit bitters), $13;
– Winter Warm (Sombra mezcal, chili-infused Campari, Aperol, Punt e Mes, coffee bitters), $13.
– Big Slice (apple cider, lemon, vanilla, chocolate bitters, ginger beer), $5.5;
– Queens (pineapple, grapefruit, lemon, grenadine, ginger beer), $5.5;
– Ice-T (black tea, cranberry, lemon, honey), $5.5.
Originally from the Netherlands, Dhaliwal came to Vancouver 10 years ago and earned levels 1-3 of her Wine Spirit & Education Trust (WSET) diploma as well as a Certified Specialist of Spirits (CSS) accreditation and in 2012 became a familiar face behind the bar at the renowned West Restaurant. Three years later, as West’s Bar Manager, Dhaliwal claimed top spot at the Global Belvedere Challenge in London, England and the inaugural Vancouver Molinari Sambuca Cocktail Competition.
In 2017, Dhaliwal — a Canadian brand ambassador for Belvedere Vodka and Hennessy who also mentors up-and-coming young bartenders as a spirits instructor — was singled out by her peers for the ‘Best Bartender’ award at the prestigious Vancouver Magazine Restaurant Awards, becoming only the third woman to claim that crown in the then-28-year history of the annual awards ceremony.
For more information on Juke Fried Chicken or to stay up to date on all the latest developments, go to jukefriedchicken.com, become a fan of /jukefriedchicken on Facebook or follow @jukefriedchicken on Instagram.
ABOUT JUKE FRIED CHICKEN | Juke is the reason the chicken crossed the road. Launched at 182 Keefer Street in 2016 by Justin Tisdall, Chef Bryan Satterford and Cord Jarvie, Juke has quickly carved out a reputation for serving up an elevated-yet-fun menu comprising the city’s best Southern-inspired fare. Beyond its trademark gluten-free, non-GMO-grain-fed and free-range fried chicken and sticky pork ribs available to eat-in or take-out, Juke also features a mouthwatering selection of seasonal snacks, salads and sides as well as an array of signature cocktails, wine and local craft beer available by the pint, bottle and bucket served up in casual, inviting spaces that encourage guests to turn up, tuck in and kick up their heels.