The GOODS from Papi’s Seafood and Oyster Bar
Vancouver, BC | Papi’s Seafood and Oyster Bar has announced that acclaimed culinary talent Jefferson Alvarez has officially joined the team as Head Chef and added his signature flair to the nightly dinner and weekend brunch menus at the English Bay restaurant.
A celebrated chef with more than two decades of experience in a number of notable Canadian restaurants, Alvarez planted roots in Vancouver in 2009 and went on to helm the back of house at West Vancouver’s Fraîche and Lift Bar and Grill and Secret Location in Vancouver. Most recently he was the Co-Owner and Executive Chef behind the progressive Latin cuisine at Kitsilano’s Cacao before joining the Viaggio Hospitality Group that owns Papi’s Seafood and Oyster Bar.
Alvarez’s new nightly dinner menu at Papi’s includes appetizers such as:
Fish Tacos (cabbage, tomato salsa, chili vinaigrette, spicy aioli), three for $18; Braised Pork Belly & Seared Scallop (tomato marmalade, chicharron), $19; Fried Oysters (charcoal batter, lemon crème fraîche), $15; and Burrata & Funghi Salad (sautéed wild mushrooms, warm bread and pesto), $18; in addition to larger mains such as:
– Coconut Mussels (green onions, ginger, garlic, coconut milk), $22;
– Lobster Brioche (coleslaw, mayonnaise, toasted brioche), $26;
– Lobster Risotto (lobster oil, zucchini), $30;
– Seared Arctic Char & Clams (bonito broth, zucchini, potato, Brussels sprouts, seasonal veggies), $30;
– Whole Branzino (sauce vierge, lime, seasonal veggies), $34.
The weekend brunch menu is available Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and includes:
– Lobster Benny (salad, potatoes, hollandaise), $20;
– Papi’s Breakfast Sandwich (scrambled eggs, back bacon, cheese, salad, triple-cooked wedges), $16;
– Avocado & Toast (arugula, housemade brioche), $15;
– Organic Beef & Cheddar Burger (pickles, lettuce, tomato, house mayo, salad or wedges), $18;
– Spaghetti Carbonara (pancetta, parmigiano, egg), $22.
“Jefferson has long been one of Vancouver’s chefs to watch, and his reputation precedes him,” says Alessandro De Pieri, General Manager of Papi’s Seafood and Oyster Bar. “We’re excited to welcome him to the family and have him add his unique sense of culinary creativity and signature flair to the menu.”
For the latest news about Papi’s Seafood and Oyster Bar, visit papisoysterbar.com, become a fan of /papisoysterbar on Facebook or follow @papisoysterbar on Instagram or Twitter.
ABOUT PAPI’S SEAFOOD AND OYSTER BAR | Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver’s vibrant West End, Papi’s Seafood and Oyster Bar is a casual, seafood-focused restaurant and bar that offers a bright and spacious dining room and oyster bar and outdoor patio featuring a panoramic view of English Bay Beach. With a menu of locally sourced seafood dishes and freshly shucked oysters on the half shell as well as a bar menu featuring Champagne, sparkling wine, signature cocktails and craft beer on tap, Papi’s is the latest project for the Viaggio Hospitality Group, which also owns and operates such local establishments as Cibo Trattoria, UVA Wine & Cocktail Bar and Ancora Waterfront and Dining’s twin locations in False Creek and Ambleside Beach in West Vancouver.