The GOODS from Homer St. Cafe & Bar and Tableau Bar Bistro
Vancouver, BC | Wentworth Hospitality Group is seeking an energetic and engaged Executive Chef to oversee the day-to-day operations of its kitchens at Homer St. Café and Bar, Tableau Bar Bistro and Musette Caffe.
Responsible for recruiting, developing and structuring the kitchen teams, the successful leadership candidate would be a driven and motivated individual, able to establish and maintain a positive and passionate culinary culture, as well as an educator interested in mentoring and guiding kitchen teams to success.
As a brand ambassador and spokesperson for the media, the industry, and the community, they would also excel at discovering new trends, dining concepts or other opportunities for strategic growth.
The successful candidate would have experience across a professional bandwidth that might include positions such as Chef de Cuisine, Executive Sous Chef, Executive Chef and/or multi-unit management experience.
The Executive Chef works closely with the Head Chefs and General Managers of all three Wentworth properties, and reports directly to the Vice President of Restaurant Operations. The position comes with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to Roy Comesotti: rcomesotti [at] wentworthhospitalitygroup.com. We thank you for your interest, but only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
– Demonstrated ability for exceptional communication skills with various levels of management and line staff, as well as the public
– Proven ability to implement executive directives and ideas
– Able to create and foster a positive and passionate culinary culture
– Create a structure for developing kitchen teams — mentoring and producing leadership roles
– Develop and deliver impactful coaching sessions on technique and product knowledge
– Strong understanding of verbal and written English
– Creative thinker, while concurrently looking at the big picture and detailed oriented
– Ability to multitask while being able to zero in on key issues for their desired market segment
– Thorough understanding of the market
– Create and maintain operational standards for sales with a ‘can do’ attitude
– Audit and impact execution
– Look for new opportunities to increase sales by offering value to our guests
– Provide direct feedback on operations ensuring our guests are taken care of
– Create and activate brand standards
– Understand the market, adjust accordingly through sale mix review
– Forage for new products, techniques, etc.
– Research and test new products and recipes
– Ensure the menu and product is on trend and positioned respectively to the property
– Build relationships with suppliers/vendors to ensure quality of product vs price
– Create and maintain the lenses that dictate menu selection and offering
– Present/develop new menu items to Operations and VP Operations
– Create a budgeting process for operations
– Responsible for food cost, labour, and timeless, clean kitchens
– Teach basics of proper budgeting and costing to achieve profit targets
– Audit and maintain our profit budget weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly
– Look for new concepts to implement into new properties
– Be on trend for new opportunities in design, food, beverage and service
– Responsible for any new openings or renovations