The GOODS from Origo Club
Richmond, BC | An interactive cultural and culinary experience unlike any other, Origo Club offers guests a refined-yet relaxed atmosphere where East meets West in a gallery of contemporary Asian art, a stylishly chic restaurant featuring French-inspired food and wine, as well as a state-of-the-art café.
We are looking to build up the Team with people who care about hospitality, love to learn, and want to be part of a budding brand in high-quality offerings. If you want to work in a positive, clean, and high-level environment, with steady hours, fair pay, health and dental benefits, weekly tips, and free staff meal, please send your resume. Experience in French cooking techniques essential.
When the Head Chef is absent, the Sous Chef is the Team Leader. Responsibilities and duties include, but not limited to:
– Train, cook, plate, expedite, lead, and inspire team
– Take an active and proactive role in service during all hours of operation
– Source, order, check, and receive/stock supplies according to Food Safe standards
– Maintain inventory, order sheet review, order supplies, dating and storage, upkeep kitchen and storage areas
– Coach and support Kitchen Team to work cohesively and efficiently with one another and Front of House
– Lead by example – do whatever needs to get done (e.g. prep, cook, clean, plate, expedite, remove & maintain garbage, recycling and compost, etc.)
– Maintain cleanliness of all work, service, walk-in fridge/freezer, storage areas;
– Communicate with team as it relates to service (i.e. ingredients, inventory, feature dishes, out of stock (86’s) etc.)
– Plan for, assign, and check up on all side work by Back of House team as required for the current and next shift
– Develop individual and team’s knowledge of cooking techniques; food and plating (e.g. develop in-house training, tastings, product seminars, online research etc.)
– Develop, implement and sustain quality control monitoring systems for food quality and customer service (e.g. policies, operations manual, staff report cards, etc.)
– Develop and implement systems to improve staff retention and customers’ satisfaction (e.g. personally check in at each table, team building events, recognition etc.)
– Support hiring, training and systems development with Executive Team
– Develop new dishes, cooking or plating techniques with the Executive Team
Please send your most recent resume with cover letter to origorestaurant [at] gmail.com. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. Origo Club guarantees full confidentiality
We thank you for your interest, but only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.