The GOODS from Botanist
Vancouver, BC | With a cocktail bar, dining room, lush garden and lounge, Botanist is one of Vancouver’s hottest award-winning restaurants. Botanist is currently seeking a candidate to fill the role as Restaurant General Manager.
The successful candidate will have a passion and drive for food, wine, spirits and hospitality, with previous experience leading a restaurant team. In this role you will lead the Botanist team by maintaining a professional work ethic and displaying exemplary leadership skills. The candidate will promote and execute the restaurant as a destination restaurant within Vancouver and Canada’s culinary scene.
Work perks include a global travel program, extensive benefit package, and competitive salary. If this sounds like you, you have found your dreamjob. Apply today!
Hotel Overview: At the ocean’s edge- a modern oasis, the Fairmont Pacific Rim is the most remarkable address in the city with its breathtaking harbour views, luxurious accommodation, rave-worthy cuisine and warm hospitality. Discover Fairmont Pacific Rim – and discover Vancouver as part of our rockstar team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
– Further develop and grow Botanists positioning as one of the top dining choices in Vancouver and Canada
– Ensure the delivery of excellent service by maintaining high staff morale and team spirit through active communication, training and coaching.
– Motivate, lead, coach and monitor the performance levels of all team members
– Develop training programs for the Restaurant and Assistant Restaurant Managers to ensure the continuous growth.
-Participate in the training and coaching of new and existing team members
– Maintain adequate staffing levels throughout the year
-Attend pre convention & departmental meetings as required
– Adhere to the budgetary guidelines established for the outlet (labour, productivity, revenue and expenses)
– Participate in the budgeting and forecasting process
– Work in conjunction with the Chef and Food & Beverage Director on promotions, menus, and special events. Create and innovate new ideas and promotion to generate revenue
– Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
– Assist with research and investigate wines and new products
– Manage the beverage inventory
– Operate the restaurant to the standards of a Forbes five star venue
– Contribute and focus on daily growth of the operation though awareness and understanding of LQA and OES
– Create and implement preventative cleaning and maintenance program
– Work together with the culinary & stewarding team to ensure that all food service meets or exceeds guest expectations and to promote teamwork as a strong component of the daily service culture
– Monitor and continue to develop Food & Beverage controls
– Participate in service as necessary in accordance with restaurant needs
– Control stocks for daily use in the restaurant to ensure service requirements are met
– Attend and participate in the daily Food and Beverage meetings and conduct daily shift briefings
– Performs daily checks on staffing level, quality control, maintenance and cleanliness
– Maintain high staff morale and team spirit within the department
– Follow up on guest complaints and share all guest comments with staff
– Participate actively in the Vancouver restaurant community
– Maximize seating possibilities with constant adjustments on Open Table
– Actively participate our Planet 21 sustainability program and determine department specific action items
– To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
– Performs any and all other tasks as assigned by management
– Minimum of 2 years’ management experience as a department head in Food & Beverage.
– Product knowledge, including a thorough working knowledge of wines, liquors and other beverages. Sommelier designation is an asset.
– Degree/Diploma in Hotel or F&B Management an asset.
– Thorough working knowledge of financial reporting structures (budgets, labour, productivity, revenue & expenses).
– Proven successful financial performance of restaurant under their operation.
– Proven leadership skills, which include coaching and training abilities and strong motivational skills.
– Problem solving & decision making skills; analytical and detail oriented.
– Excellent interpersonal & communication skills; service oriented and a team player.
– Proven Human Resources skills and versatility, flexibility and stress management skills.
– Computer skills (Word, Excel and MS Office software required, Delphi and Restaurant Manager an asset).
– Previous experience in a luxury hotel restaurant is an asset.
– Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
– Computer literate
– Able to teach and guide a large group of employees.
– Certification of previous training in food service.
– Ability to maintain hotel’s standards, policies and procedures with all service personnel.
– Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate work assignments.
– Ability to direct performance of service staff and follow up with corrections where needed
– Ability to motivate service staff and maintain a cohesive team.
– Ability to promote positive work relationships with service personnel and other departments.
– Ability to ascertain staff training needs and provide such training.
– Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems, exercising good judgment.
– Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
– Ability to work well under pressure of organizing and attaining production schedules and timelines.
– Ability to maintain good coordination.
– Ability to work/handle with all products and food ingredients involved.
– Ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met.
– Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions
– Ability to plan and develop menus/beverage list and recipes.
– Ability to organize food/beverage promotions.
– Ability to ensure security of overall F&B areas access, products and hotel property
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS | At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!