The GOODS from the Chefs’ Table Society of BC
Vancouver, BC | We are seeking a skilled and dynamic Executive Director (ED) whose values align with ours to lead the Chefs’ Table Society of British Columbia (CTS) in the fulfillment of its vision, mission, and objectives. We expect the ED to thrive in a role that is both strategic and operational and be passionate about work that positively impacts our community. This is a contractual part-time position with a full-time commitment.
The ED works collaboratively with the Board, staff, volunteers and stakeholders to implement the Society’s objectives and guide work that supports the development and delivery of effective programs and services.
The ED is a solutions-focused, strategic leader who will serve as the public face of the organization and is responsible for promoting CTS to donors, volunteers, stakeholders, and the public at large.
The ED is responsible for the overall direction and management of the CTS and represents the organization at a local and provincial level. The ED models respectful and ethical conduct, champions best practices throughout the entire organization, and provides vision, direction and leadership to ensure that the organization’s programs and services contribute to its mission and reflect CTS’s priorities, long-term goals and mission.
The ED is responsible for the administration of the Society including its financial and fiscal management, day-to-day operations, as well as, any other responsibilities consistent with the role of ED that may occur.
– Post Secondary Education in Community Development, Business, Social Services, or related field.
– 5+ years of proven success in fundraising, marketing, business, community development, communications and volunteer management. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Superior organizational, leadership, human resources and technical skills and the ability to oversee operations and projects
– Strategic thinking – ability to future think and shape strategy for success, including gaining buy-in and alignment from stakeholders
– Strong business and financial / fiscal management skills including budgeting, financial plans, financial statements and contract negotiations/management
– Experience in expanding funding sources, developing and maintaining a donor base, soliciting donations, proposal writing and grant applications.
– Superior oral and written communication and public relations skills to represent and promote CTS to all stakeholders
– Excellent relationship building abilities including team building, strategic partnerships and public relations
– Computer literate – proficient in business and accounting software applications
– Results focused – ability to meet and exceed goals and objectives and drive for excellence
– Ability to attend functions outside of normal business hours, as required
Terms and Conditions
– Location: Vancouver, British Columbia;
– Hours of work: 16 to 20 a week;
– This position requires the ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings to accommodate activities such as events and representing CTS at public events.
– Remuneration: a base salary starting at $2,000 to $2,500 a month commensurate with qualifications and experience along with a fundraising incentive package
– Start date: Summer 2019
Interested candidates can email a cover letter and resume outlining interest and qualifications, as well as, the names of three references in a single PDF file to info [at] chefstablesociety.com, with the “Executive Director position” in the subject line.
We will not contact references without prior approval. Priority will be given to complete applications received by August 9, 2019.
“The Chefs’ Table Society of British Columbia is a chef-administered, province-wide collaborative dedicated to creating a foundation for the exchange of information between culinary professionals. We support innovative and sustainable programs that will inspire, educate and nurture our chefs, our producers and our local food industry, all the while promoting standards of excellence with the aim of enhancing the reputation of our regional cuisine.”
Learn more on our website about who we are and what we do: www.chefstablesociety.com.