The GOODS from Belgard Kitchen
Vancouver, BC | As the Day Manager, your responsibility is the lunch and brunch business. Your focus is on the partners and the guest experience, ensuring that your team is set up for success and delivering the best experience possible. You drive sales through your personality and leadership, and are responsible for ensuring the business remains profitable by hitting your labour goals and impacting cost of goods.
You lead by example in all aspects of your day to day. You are fun, energetic, personable, and responsible. You report directly to the General Manager.
– Aside from running the floor during your week, you also have other responsibilities. They include the following, but are not limited to:
Ordering product. Which includes: non alcoholic; paper (togos, napkins, etc.); cleaning; office supplies
Writing and posting the schedule (1-2 weeks in advance), which includes but not limited
– Managing time away for all partners in the FOH grid i.e. accepting and denying requests
– Liasing with the Postmark and Events team to staff special events
– Scheduling effectively based off of sales (forecasting)
– Reviewing and posting hours to Big Chip
– Ensuring that the restaurant is in good repair, which includes all repair and maintenance issues, such as: All light fixtures on, working, and clean; Chairs and booths in good repair; Storage areas are organized, stocked, and clean; General cleanliness (dust free, stain free, etc…)
– Hiring and training (Co-duty with the night manager)
– Providing specific, timely, and candid feedback through one on one conversations
– Receiving feedback through on one on one conversations
– Responding to customer feedback
– Reporting the day business in weekly meetings
Compensation & Schedule
Type: Base salary, with quarterly bonus potential (10% of base salary) and weekly tips. Also includes:
– Health and dental benefits
– Two weeks paid vacation on an accrual basis
– On shift meal
– 25% off apparel
Schedule: Thursday – Monday, 9 am – 5 pm. Expect to work 40-55 hours a week.
Start Date: ASAP
To apply, send your resume to adam [at] belgardkitchen.com.