The GOODS from Araxi
Whistler, BC | The culinary cornerstone in the heart of Whistler Village, Araxi enjoys a long held international reputation for excellence in food, wine and hospitality. As an early pioneer of farm to table dining, Executive Chef James Walt’s seasonally focused menus celebrate the excellence of locally sourced ingredients. An extension of Araxi Restaurant + Oyster Bar, The Cellar by Araxi offers private dining for groups.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager will help inspire, develop, oversee and manage the front-of-house team, while working closely with the management team to support the delivery of a unique and elevated guest experience that is in harmony with the kitchen’s food program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
– Serves as an educator, as well as an inspirational, committed, and responsible leader to the restaurant’s front-of-house teams
– Assists with overseeing the day-to-day operations of the restaurant
– Maintains exceptional standards of professionalism and hospitality
– Leads by example, inspiring staff to deliver a memorable food and beverage experience
– Displays a genuine passion to facilitate and exceed guest service expectations
– Ensures the delivery of superior customer service through effective staff training and education
– Actively participates in the mentorship and support of all team members
– Develops a strong and positive rapport with both staff and guests alike
– Drives positive results and aligns with business goals
– Under the direction of the Restaurant Director, initiates and executes special projects as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
– Minimum 2 years’ experience leading a premium food and beverage operation
– Related University degree or a combination of education and experience
– A professionally recognized WSET or similar qualification is an asset
– Highly committed to a premium level of quality
– A solutions provider committed to a vision of service to create an ultimate guest experience
– Strong verbal and written English communication skills
– Superior conflict resolution skills, with the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, clientele, suppliers, and partners
– Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills
– Ability to handle conflicting deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks
– Comfortable with dealing with media, and VIP guests
– Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays
– Applicants must have Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status, CIS, or a valid work permit.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to apply online. This position will remain open until filled.