The GOODS from 33 Acres Brewing Co.
Vancouver, BC | 33 Acres Brewing Company & 33 Brewing Experiment is looking for a tasting room GM! Shoot your resume & a quick email about yourself to beer [at] 33acresbrewing.com to apply. See job details below.
The Tasting Room General Manager position encompasses 33 Acres Brewing Company & 33 Brewing Experiment’s front rooms day to day customer service and staff management. This role includes ensuring the staff have all of the tools and materials needed for the FOH to operate at the highest standards daily, including but not limited to; cash management, handling suppliers, stock levels of all supplies, staff management / culture, weekly / monthly inventories and overall accountability for the operation of the rooms.
This person should be present on site during the busiest times of the week. Delegating to supervisory staff, creating tools to benefit the team and always working on the efficiencies of the rooms. Customer service is of the utmost importance, as well as cleanliness, organization and order in the space.
At 33 Acres Brewing Company, we strive to promote a work life balance, and a positive workplace environment. This position is intended to ensure that all FOH employees understand their expectations and have the tools to do their jobs.
The right candidate has 5+ years of relevant experience, is upbeat, ready to take on a challenge, proactive, Self-starter, organized and a strong communicator / delegator. They will help to manage customer relations and do their best to promote a productive work environment. They are interested in fresh, local food / beer.
– Ensuring cold room rotation & organization
– Staff education
– Manage labour costs for all departments
– Watching hours for overtime
– Balancing daily cash outs
– Creating daily cash floats
Menu Updating Online/Paper/Vinyl
– Keeping all food/drink menus up to date
– Maintaining a database of all suppliers
– Ordering goods, and supervising costs
– Merchandise, purchased beer, food, non-alcoholic beverages, coffee, etc.
– Empowering kitchen staff
– Ensuring they have the tools needed to keep pars / order.
– Monthly general staff meetings
– Weekly supervisor meetings
– Monthly Staff Team building Event
– Weekly upper management meeting
– Scheduling of staff
– Ensuring adequate staffing relative to the day of the week & holidays
– Covering shifts when required due to no shows, injury or sickness of others
– New staff training
– Continued staff training / upselling
– Hiring, firing & reprimands
– 3 month reviews with new staff
– Annual (May) reviews to keep growth steady and focus on positive traits
Events / Social Media
– Working with creative team to create special events
– Updating communication boards for social media team of new food / coffee / etc items.
– Help with awareness or ideas to create engagement with customers.