The GOODS from Elisa
Vancouver, BC | Elisa is seeking a Junior Sommelier to join our professional, celebrated, and respected wine team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with iconic wines and hard to find labels, and will assist in building our world class wine list.
Designed by the internationally renowned and award-winning Rockwell Group in New York, this elegant and modern steakhouse breaks the old-school mold and highlights a vibrant see-and-be-seen destination restaurant. Anchored by an open show kitchen and a Grillworks Infierno as the centre piece, the menu will feature premium cuts of beef, sustainable seafood, and seasonal produce — all locally sourced. The convivial atmosphere flows from the lively bar and lounge and throughout the airy dining room.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
– Serves as an educator, as well as an inspirational, committed, and responsible leader to the restaurant’s front-of-house teams
– Prepares for and inspires staff to deliver a memorable beverage experience
– Displays a passion for and about wine and the industry
– Handles rare and limited product with precise table side manner
– Delivers superior customer service through effective training and education
– Leads by example by delivering superior consistent customer service and hospitality
– Assists in monitoring inventory and expenses
– Other duties may be assigned as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
– Minimum Level 3 WSET or equivalent is required
– Previous experience working in a premium food and beverage operation
– Highly committed to a premium level of service and precise table side manners
– Knowledgeable on food and wine pairings, as well as a passion for terroir
– Strong verbal and written English communication skills
– Superior conflict resolution skills, with the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, clientele, suppliers, and partners
– Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze current business problems and implement recommended solutions
– Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
– Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume online. This position will remain open until filled. Apply here.