The GOODS from Bauhaus
Vancouver, BC | Bauhaus Restaurant is looking to hire a Garde Manger Chef / Cold Kitchen Chef with fine dining experience. Bauhaus opened in February 2015 serving contemporary German cuisines. Bauhaus has had the honour of being highly-acclaimed. Recently it was listed as a restaurant to watch by The ‘World’s 50 Best Restaurants’ Diner’s Discovery Series. The list is considered the “next generation of dining destinations”. Bauhaus was listed as one of the best German bars and restaurants around the world by CNN, the new global face of German cuisine by Wine Enthusiast, 100 Best Restaurants in Canada and Where Magazine Awards’ “Best European”. For more information about our restaurant, please visit our website at http://bauhaus-restaurant.com.
Position Title: Garde Manger Chef / Cold Kitchen Chef
Reports To: Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef
As a Garde Manger Chef you would be overseeing the culinary operations in the Garde Manger section by following hotels standards and procedures. Responsible for managing the food production and quality control for all meat, fish, fowl and other food items prepared in the cold kitchen.
Also responsible to create exceptional cuisine for the cold kitchen section of banquet menu as well as for other food and beverage outlets. Take care of all physical aspects of cold kitchen operation, supervision, preparation and serving of food, equipment maintenance and cleaning, quality control and cleanliness of work area.
Chef Garde Manger Duties and Responsibilities:
– Oversee the consistency of various preparations within the cold kitchen to ensure quality product and adherence to standard recipes.
– Prepares all cold food according to recipes, guidelines and standards set by the Executive Chef or hotel standards.
– Ensures that assigned work area has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily production sheets (based on house count), daily menus and banquets events.
– Always keep all refrigeration, equipment, storage and working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with health department regulations.
– Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
– Checks and controls the proper storage of product, checking on portion control, especially in specific cuts of meat, to maintain quality product.
– Delegates and assists in preparing of cold food items like salads, sushi, cold cuts, salad dressings etc.
– Prepares daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
– Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides.
– Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
– Effectively communicate with other chefs and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests.
– Plan, prepare and set up to provide quality service and product to all outlets requiring items from Garde Manger kitchen.
– Collaborate with the Executive Chef in menu development and implementation of banquet menus.
– Monitors waste and over production, as well as utilizes leftovers, ensures proper rotation and quality control.
– Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, procedures and standards.
– Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
– Performs general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning product as assigned to adhere to health standards.
– Establish and oversee the production of bulk foods for supported outlets.
– Utilize established company control procedures for food cost, labor cost, and food quality.
– Responsible for assisting Executive Chef in maintaining the overall cleanliness and equipment maintenance of their areas.
– Assist Executive Sous chef in overseeing weekly and monthly inventories, and ordering of food and supplies.
– Assist Executive Sous Chef and Assistant Executive Sous Chef in formulating recipes for production use in Garde Manger kitchen and banquet menus.
– Assists Executive Chef in monitoring training of new employees to help them achieve higher status.
– Assists Executive Chef in monitoring and enforcing Company and Departmental safety policies, Health Department Standards and all other applicable.
– Attend daily and weekly kitchen meetings to keep garde manger staff informed and updated on current events and hotel activities.
– Strong communication, leadership, and conflict resolution skills.
– Perform all other job related duties as requested by the management.
Applicant must have at least 2 years experience as a chef de carte or similar in a fine dining restaurant.
Wage $16.00 per hour based on 50 hours per week.
To apply, send your resumes to bauhausrestaurantvan [at] gmail.com.