The GOODS from Ancora
Vancouver, BC | Ancora Waterfront Dining and Patio is giving dads their due this June by hosting special Father’s Day Brunch services at both its False Creek and Ambleside beach locations on Sunday, June 17.
Available from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Ancora’s Father’s Day Brunch features Executive Chef Ricardo Valverde’s award-winning brand of Peruvian-meets-Japanese ‘Nikkei’ fare in a menu that includes:
– grilled zucchini salad (soft boiled egg, queso fresco, Huancaina sauce);
– soft shell crab taco (mango salsa, harissa emulsion, seaweed, ikura);
– free-range eggs benny (botanical greens, nori-spiced baby potatoes, miso hollandaise), with smoked pork belly or Dungeness crab;
– forbidden rice Peruvian paella (black cod croquettes, rocoto aioli, fried egg);
– flank steak burger (house made patty, rocoto aioli, aged cheddar, fried egg, yucas bravas);
– arroz con pato (braised duck leg, spiced rice, fried egg, pickled shallots);
– 12-hr braised short rib (miso cauliflower, artichoke and queso empanada, poached egg);
– sides such as botanical greens (Huacatay dressing), yucas bravas (Huancaina aioli) and Brussels sprouts (togarashi, lemon).
The raw bar at both locations will also feature a range of fresh seafood selections such as sashimi, nigiri and sushi rolls, the signature Ancora glacier (oysters, ceviche/tartare tasting, crab causa, Salt Spring Island mussel Peruvian escabeche, poached prawns, sashimi selection) and caviar service with buckwheat potato blinis and classic accompaniments.
Opened in 2015 on Vancouver’s False Creek seawall with a second location that launched in West Vancouver’s Ambleside Beach neighbourhood in January 2019, Ancora Waterfront Dining and Patio was recently recognized with a trio of awards, including ‘Best Latin’ at the 2019 Where to Dine Vancouver Awards, ‘Chef of the Year’ (Ricardo Valverde) in the 2019 Georgia Straight Golden Plate Awards, and a coveted spot on the 2019 list of Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants.
RESERVATIONS | Reservations are strongly recommended for Ancora’s Father’s Day brunch service and can be made online or by phone: Ancora False Creek 604-681-1164 or Ancora Ambleside 604-926-0287.
For the latest news about Ancora, register for the restaurant’s e-newsletter at ancoradining.com, become a fan of /AncoraDining on Facebook or follow @ancoradining on Twitter and Instagram.
ABOUT ANCORA WATERFRONT DINING AND PATIO | Opened in 2015 on Vancouver’s False Creek seawall with a second location now open in West Vancouver’s Ambleside neighbourhood, Ancora Waterfront Dining and Patio embraces the harmony of Peruvian and Japanese cuisines while incorporating the very best of the Pacific Northwest. Paired with an exceptional array of wines that emphasize style and character over geography and varietal, a wide selection of signature and classic cocktails and spirits and a decor that reflects the serene-yet-sophisticated feel of the West Coast, Ancora offers a truly unique dining experience that celebrates diverse cultures, international flavours and culinary artistry in its expansive dining rooms, private quarters and crudo bars. Since its opening, Ancora has been singled out for numerous accolades, including The Globe and Mail’s ‘10 Best New Vancouver Restaurants 2015’; enRoute’s 2016 shortlist of the Best New Restaurants in Canada; mentions on the prestigious annual ranking of Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants in 2016, 2017 and 2019; ‘Best Latin’ at the 2019 Where to Dine Vancouver awards; and Chef of the Year (Ricardo Valverde) as chosen by Vancouver food industry insiders in the 2019 Georgia Straight Golden Plates Awards