The GOODS from Burdock & Co.
Vancouver, BC | Burdock & Co is an award-winning, farm to table restaurant on Main St. in Vancouver, focusing on local, hyper-seasonal ingredients and an entirely naturalist wine list. We are a small team with deep beliefs about supporting local, sustainable and responsible farming and cultivating strong relationships with each grower we use. We are also strongly committed to low-intervention, wines with great stories and revolutionary wine-makers. We are passionate about providing a unique and memorable experience to all our guests through the romance of food and wine.
The General Manager oversees the day to day operations, manages and inspires the front of house team and works closely with Chef and owners to develop and maintain the restaurants’ vison and ethos.
Implementation and education of the food and beverage program This position includes both administrative and serving roles.
The right candidate thrives in an intimate, yet fast paced dining room. They have excellent planning, organizational and problem-solving skills, superior conflict resolution skills, with the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, clientele, suppliers, and partners. They are open minded and
sensitive to all types of people and personalities.
This is a full time salaried role with substantial gratuity compensation that requires availability on week nights and weekends.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Working collaboratively with a small team to deliver exceptional food and beverage experiences to all
guests, leading a positive and inclusive work environment and maintaining high standards of professionalism and hospitality
– Serving a section while maintaining full engagement in your surroundings and a keen eye for detail, including: overseeing reservations, flow of service, ambiance in the room and expedition of food
– Sustain intimate knowledge of our ever-changing food and beverage programs and ensuring similar standards are kept by staff
– Working alongside our wine director to implement our wine program, from tracking inventory to frequent staff training and education
– Creating a strong rapport with regular guests and media
– Administrative work includes : day to day operations, scheduling, weekly and monthly reporting, liquor ordering, inventory and management, social media posts, organizing reservations and private functions
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
– Minimum two years experience managing in a fine dining establishment
– A heartfelt love and understanding of low intervention wines
– Thorough understanding of POS systems and backend management, online reservation systems and Microsoft Excel.
– Familiarity with bartending, maintaining liquor pars and ordering
– Experience with writing a wine list and WSET or similar wine education are assets
To apply, please send your resume to andrea [at] burdockandco.com.