The GOODS from Tractor
Vancouver, BC | Tractor Everyday Healthy Foods is excited to celebrate the changing seasons with the release of their spring/summer menu for lunch and dinner dining.
Tractor Everyday Healthy Foods was founded in 2013 to make healthy eating accessible for busy people on the go. Their bright and modern cafeteria-style restaurants serve up a wide array of healthy meal options quickly and conveniently without compromising on style or taste. Twice a year they update their menu to highlight the fresh new ingredients that are available each season.
Spring brings to mind tangy citrus, aromatic herbs, bright spices, and the subtle sweetness of newly ripened vegetables. Inspired by these seasonal flavours, the culinary team have crafted five new dishes for everyday dining, which include options for vegan and gluten-free guests. Four of the new recipes are plant-based and all are gluten-free. Tractor Everyday Healthy Foods is intentionally designed to be inclusive of all tastes and dietary restrictions so that everyone can enjoy eating healthy.
As with every Tractor menu, a selection of protein options are available to add on to any meal or enjoy in a customizable grain or greens bowl. The spring/summer menu features two new protein choices:
– Braised Chili Lime Tofu: organic tofu flavoured with roasted garlic, natural vegetable juices, sambal oelek, and agave. Vegan, nut and gluten-free.
– Yam Falafel: a flavourful twist on the classic falafel, yam, and chickpeas are mixed with garlic, lemon juice, tahini, red onion, parsley and spiced with cayenne, turmeric, and cumin. Vegan and gluten-free (contains almond oil).
– Two new spring salads have been added to the selection of fresh market fixings and will replace the brussels sprout and apricot salad and the beet and snap pea salad.
– Pea & Potato Salad: sweet peas, snap peas, edamame, watermelon radish and red potato are tossed in a lemon Dijon citrus dressing and finished with fresh parsley and mint. Nut, dairy and gluten-free.
– Asian Noodle Salad: sweet potato noodles are tossed with snap peas, red peppers, and slivered red cabbage in a sweet and spicy peanut dressing and finished with fresh cilantro, mint and sesame seeds. Vegan and gluten-free.
For a quick bite to get your fill between meals or a snack to satisfy your appetite on the go try the new power ball.
– Lemon Chia Power Ball: almonds, walnuts, and chia seeds are combined with vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest, and dates and rolled in dried coconut.
“We change our menu with the seasons to showcase the beautiful ingredients that are fresh during a particular time of the year. In the spring we emphasize salads and fresh vegetables that are light and flavourful, while also satiating and nutritionally dense.” – Co-owner Meghan Clarke
The lunch and dinner menu is available every day from 11 am until the restaurant closes at 9:30 pm.
About Tractor Everyday Healthy Foods | Tractor Everyday Healthy Foods is locally owned and operated by Meghan and Steve Clarke who left the corporate world to fulfill their dream of making healthy food accessible to busy families and professionals. Along with their culinary team, they opened the first restaurant, Tractor Kitsilano, in June 2013 and with it introduced the idea of quick, healthy eating and catering to Vancouver. The concept caught on and in February 2015 they opened their second location, Tractor Marine, in the Burrard business district. With the opening of each new eatery, Tractor Everyday Healthy Foods is showcasing how healthy eating can, and should, be a key part of everyday life.