The GOODS from Blue Mountain
Okanagan Falls, BC | Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars is one of the oldest wineries in BC; a true Okanagan Icon. The Mavety family has been growing grapes on the property since 1971, and have been operating as an estate winery since 1991. Comprised of 170 total acres, with 90 acres under vine, we are located in one of the most picturesque settings in the valley. Best known for Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Méthode Traditionnelle sparkling wines, we also produce complex, age-worthy, single-varietal wines made from Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, and Gamay Noir.
Presently, we are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate, and hardworking team player to work with us for the upcoming 2019 tasting season. Candidates must have exemplary customer service skills, adaptability, and be able to clearly articulate our history and philosophy. We are looking to fill a seasonal position, starting in April.
Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
– Open and close the tasting room.
– Greet all visitors to the tasting room and maintain our detailed experience from start to finish with every customer.
– Provide exceptional customer service throughout the customer interaction.
– Set up the wine shop each day with inventory and ensure the tasting room is clean, organized and ready to welcome all guests.
– Efficiently and accurately process all sales through our WineDirect (Vin65) point-of-sale system.
– Perform administration duties as required.
– Assist customers with sales, shipping, and wine club sign-ups.
– Helping to pack weekly and release shipping orders.
– Maintain the cleanliness of the tasting room and patio area throughout the day.
– Perform all nightly procedures, including any necessary cleaning and lock-up.
– Helping with occasional evening or off-site event
– Professional, courteous, friendly, and welcoming demeanour is required. Business casual attire.
– Knowledge of wine and passion for the industry, particularly Okanagan Wine.
– Must be 19 years of age.
– Position requires a current and maintained Serve-It-Right, or the ability to acquire with 1 week of job acceptance.
– Experience with point-of-sale transactions and cash handling.
– Familiarity with iPads and cash registers, Wine-Direct (Vin65) experience is a plus.
– Must be able to meet physical needs of the position, including the ability to lift 50lbs and be able to stand for extended periods of time.
– Previous experience in a Hospitality environment an asset.
– Possess a sincere interest in learning about wine and food.
– ISG or WSET certification would be a plus.
– Must be available daily (including weekends) until 5:30 during season from April to September. Availability for some evening special events may occasionally be required.
– Must be at least 19 years of age
– Position requires a current and maintained Serve-It-Right, or the ability to acquire with 1 week of job acceptance – Comfortable working outside on patio on spring and summer days.
– Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
– Due to our location, a vehicle is highly recommended.
Perks and Culture
Training and learning sessions
Generous Wine discount
Employee tastings throughout the season
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to forward their resume with cover letter via email to: Tony Longworth: bluemountain [at] bluemountainwinery.com.
Please note the position that you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
About Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars | Located in BC’s South Okanagan, Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars is distinctive among Canadian wineries in that all its wines are produced exclusively from grapes grown on the estate’s vineyards. Ian Mavety purchased the land that is now Blue Mountain Vineyard in 1971. Current owners Ian, Jane, Matt, and Christie Mavety continue to work to realize the potential of the region, utilizing sustainable farming methods and winemaking practices. Blue Mountain produces complex, age-worthy varietal wines that are consistent in style while allowing the expression of both the terroir and the individual growing season.