The GOODS from Les Amis Du Fromage
Vancouver, BC | les amis du FROMAGE is looking for a keen individual to be our delivery driver.
Duties will include:
– Deliver cheese and other wholesale goods to customers using our refrigerated Ford Transit van.
– Deliver goods between our two stores
– Communicate in a courteous manner with all customers and the general public
– Handle all associated paperwork with customer
– Work in the store as a retail clerk when not doing deliveries.
– Good physical shape. Able to lift 25 kg
– Valid BC drivers license. Must provide copy of drivers abstract.
– Courteous, organized and detail focused, striving to give excellent customer service.
– Ability to self start, multi-task, and work with minimal supervision.
Retail duties will include:
– Serving customers by helping them choose cheese, cutting cheese to order for them and helping them with anything else they may want to purchase.
– General cutting, wrapping and pricing of cheese during slower periods
– Taking and filling wholesale orders
– Stocking shelves
– General cleanliness of the store and some dishwashing
– Janitorial duties
– Laundry duties
– As we are a team, everybody participates in all tasks.
– Some heavy lifting may be required. You should be able to lift cheeses weighing up to 25 kg
You must be / have:
– Shifts are Mon-Fri. You may need to adjust your schedule around holidays and during our busy Christmas season.
– You will be work primarily at our Kitsilano store, but we’d like you to be able to work at either store if needed.
– Clean work habits
– Good eye for details
– Self motivated
– A passion for food
– A desire and the ability to provide great customer service
– Able to move and lift cheeses weighing up to 25 kg
– Be comfortable working in cold environments including walk in cooler and freezer
What We Can Offer:
– Excellent cheese training
– A professional yet fun work environment
– A chance to be part of the team at one of the best cheese shops in North America 35-40 hours per week.
– A starting wage of $15 per hour, increase to $16 after 90 days. Benefits after 6 months.
If this sounds like a great place to work, then we would love to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com with a subject of “Delivery Driver”. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please find out more about our company at www.buycheese.com.
Who We Are | We are Vancouver’s busiest and best cheese store. We stock anywhere between 400-500 cheeses. We pride ourselves on our selection of specialty food items including varietal olive oils, vinegars, crackers, biscuits, olives, pates and much more. We have a full kitchen on premises at our East Vancouver store in Strathcona where we make frozen meals to meet the take-out demand of our busy customers. Our customers demand food at least as good as they would make at home for themselves if they had the time. We also wholesale soups and meals to grocery stores throughout the lower mainland.
About the Store | We are a very busy retail store. We are open seven days a week, except holiday Mondays. Our customers expect us to have cheeses and other fine foods which they will not find at most stores or anywhere else. We wholesale cheese to Vancouver’s finest restaurants and hotels.