The GOODS from Tinhorn Creek
Oliver, BC | We are seeking extraordinary, enthusiastic Seasonal Wine Enthusiasts to join our Tinhorn Creek Vineyards team. Tinhorn Creek Vineyards in Oliver, BC is one of the Okanagan’s most innovative and environmentally sustainable estate wineries with an extensive health and safety program. We are a 450-ton winery in the heart of the South Okanagan wine region, with vineyards on both the Golden Mile Bench and the Black Sage Bench. We produce roughly 50:50 white and red, and our two unique vineyard sites allow us to grow both Bordeaux and Burgundy varietals in addition to a dash of Syrah and Gewurztraminer. We employ a basic and natural wine making approach and have a small but skilled team you would enjoy working with.
Reporting into the Retail and Experience Manager, we are recruiting for Sales Associates, Hosts, Porters. Your job will be varied, and no two days will be the same! From working at the wine tasting bar, or if that isn’t your thing, you may enjoy working as a porter, or Host. If this sounds interesting and you are eager to pour extraordinary into everyday life, read further.
We are looking for teammates with:
– A passion for working with the public and/or are interested in learning about wine
– A passion for sharing wine and viticultural knowledge
– Exceptional communication skills with the ability to multi-task
– A “Can Do” attitude and enjoy working under pressure
– An understanding of how to provide best-in-class service for guests
– Ability to be a brand ambassador; you love to entertain others in a fun and engaging way
This teammate will be accountable for:
– Creating memorable guest experiences and for performing all selling and retail functions within the retail boutique
– Sharing wine and viticultural knowledge in a fun and engaging way
– Drive for higher sales and encourage guests to become Wine Club members
– Being a Wine Educator and brand ambassador conveying a consistent and positive brand story
– As a Porter you will be responsible for all set up and tear down activities for the retail/experience teams ensuring venues are organized and prepared to create memorable guest experiences. Receiving and restocking wine inventory.
– As the Host you will be responsible for greeting guests with a robust and friendly introduction to the brand and property experience
***Incumbents for these roles must be a minimum of 19 years of age and in possession of a valid “Serve it Right” certification.
Applicants can apply here.