The GOODS from Habit Coffee
Victoria, BC | Habit Coffee is looking for an exceptional leader to join our team in a General Management position.
As the General Manager, your core responsibility is to ensure the excellence of the daily operations of the business on every level. This means you are accountable for the overall quality and execution of the hospitality and drink service we provide while monitoring the financial health of the business. The General Manager is responsible for leading, educating and inspiring a team of hospitality forward characters who believe in building a healthy work environment and community through trust and inclusion.
This position combines all of the creative aspects of running two truly great cafe’s as well as the opportunity to refine knowledge of all business and financial aspects of cafe operations. Ownership will also ensure an environment for mentorship and professional and personal growth.
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
– Competitive Salary
– Health Insurance Allowance including Dental, and Vision insurance
– Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
– Dining credit and discounts both at Habit and Sherwood
– Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table (Relevant Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
– 3 + years of Hospitality experience
– Successful leadership / Management experience
– Shared Values – Integrity, self awareness, humility, optimistic warmth, courage
– Critically strong communication skills both written & verbal
– Proven organizational, delegation, and problem solving skills
– Confidence and discipline for work and excellence in everything you do.
– Passion for food and beverage knowledge, specifically in coffee
– A Fun, Happy, & Positive character!
– Service & Hospitality: Ensure the excellence of the service and hospitality provided by the entire team
– Hiring, Training & Staff Retention ( Leadership Development & Mentorship ): Hire, train & empower Staff according to Habits standards for hospitality and excellence.
– People Practices: Direct & supervise all of our HR practices in order to maintain a high performing enthusiastic team.
– Communication: Promote, encourage, & foster a culture of open communication throughout the entire team.
– Operations: Guide entire team in upholding the excellence and efficiency of the business operations through a culture of taking initiative and problem solving.
– Payroll and Scheduling – Revenue & cost controls including budgeting, forecasting & inventory control.
– Community Investment: Engage the Habit team to look for opportunities to support our community.
Interested applicants can send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within your cover letter, please:
– Expand on your relevant experience and express how it would transfer successfully to this role.
– Outline your professional and personal goals for the near future.
– Summarize your knowledge and experience with Habit Coffee and/or the coffee industry in general.
– Detail your current availability and timelines.
Thank you for your time and interest.