The GOODS from 10 Acres
Victoria, BC | We are looking to fill the position of Sous Chef. The ideal candidate will have a passion for farm-to-table, sustainable practices, and leading a team of industry professionals. 10 Acres is a group of 4 kitchens and a bakery; plus, a soon to be charcuterie program at our farm where we raise pigs, turkeys, 2 acres of fruit, 6 acres of vegetables. The position requires a passionate, creative, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who is prepared to achieve high standards and grow with one of the top restaurant groups in the city. We’re looking for someone that continues to push themselves to be the best and bring to our restaurants new ideas. Reports directly to the Executive Chef.
Responsibilities and job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
– Leading the team during service
– Assisting all stations in the kitchen
– Ensuring kitchen standards are met to the highest level
– Creative menu development according to our restaurant concept, and new projects
– Work as a team with the rest of the crew
– Follow kitchen policies and procedures
– Sous Chef experience preferred, but NOT necessary
– 8 years of culinary experience is a must
– Excellent knowledge of charcuterie
– Highly responsible and reliable
– Strong knowledge of food and preparation techniques, with a focus on farm-to-table
– Excellent time management skills
– Ability to take direction well from Executive Chef
– Ability to work well as a team
– Proven leadership skills and the ability to train and develop team members
$55,000 – $65,000 annual salary (with growth) + benefits + 4 weeks vacation
Qualified applicants please apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
ABOUT 10 ACRES | A Sustainable Farm-to-Plate Approach to Omnivore Eating.
Sustainability is at the core of our values at 10 Acres Kitchen/Commons/Bistro & Farm. Sustainability means being a positive force in our local food economy, by organically growing and ethically raising our produce and pastured animals and by choosing locally grown, sustainable ingredients sourced from like-minded farmers, food purveyors, and fishermen.
Sustainability also means making responsible choices about what products we use and how we deal with waste. Food waste recycling into compost is at the heart of our farm-to-plate story.