The GOODS from 8th Generation
Summerland, BC | 8th Generation Vineyard, located in Summerland BC, is looking for a part-time, growing into full-time Administrative Assistant / Wine Club / Shipping Coordinator to join our team.
At 8th Generation Vineyard, we specialize in single-vineyard, single varietal wines. Farming 20+ acres in Okanagan Falls, Naramata and Summerland provides us with different terroir and endless possibilities. The family is originally from the Rhine Valley and the winemaking heritage dates back to 1783.
We need help maintaining our existing customer base from direct consumers to retail customers to wine club members at our winery/ tasting room in Summerland.
We are seeking exceptional, creative, experienced talent with deep roots in customer service, hospitality and an innate passion for wine. If you worked couple years as front of house/ in tasting rooms and want to move on to be an integral part of our office & shipping team, then we want to hear from you!
The position is year-round. There is an opportunity for some growth within the role and additional responsibilities will be given as ability, initiative, and interest is demonstrated. Be part of a highly ambitious small team. No two days are the same. The right candidate for the job will be willing to roll up his/her sleeves and execute tasks and projects as needed and will do so thoughtfully, time sensitive and effectively.
This is an opportunity for a hands-on experience while working for a fun, innovative & traditional winery in the Okanagan Valley.
– Operate the telephone and pass on messages
– Data entry and analysis (product sales, marketing, human resources, operations, etc)
– Enter all shipping information into point of sale and shipping software (Wine Direct, ATS, Canada Post, BCLDB, etc)
– Enter/ transfer/ maintain accurate inventory records
– Create monthly time sheet for wine shop staff & record work hours by-weekly.
– Work as part of the team and support the tasting room (wine tastings when needed)
– Reply to reviews on Google and TripAdvisor
– Re-order bottling, wine shop, wine club, cleaning & office supplies
– Prepare daily shipping, from pick to pack to ship (up to 25 cases/daily)
– Sales calls to existing client base in Vancouver
– Work independently on special projects/ events
– Perform other duties as assigned
The position involves accounts payable/accounts receivable, collections, invoicing. Making sure the office is organized and flowing nicely. The office is very small with only 2 team members.
The job requires a high level of confidentiality, maturity, presence and judgement, as there will be extensive interactions with clients, employees and owners.
Qualification and skills:
– Strong organizational and time management skills, positive attitude and attention to detail are a must!
– Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team,
– Must be detail oriented, highly organized, resourceful and learns quickly
– Must possess a positive, outgoing, and friendly personality to everyone
– Must be adaptable, flexible, able to multi task, trouble shoot and work independently in a fast-paced, deadline sensitive environment.
– Must be able to provide world class customer service to retail, wine club and customers, via phone, e-mail or via other communications.
– Must be able to lift and carry 15 kg.
– Willingness to “roll up your sleeves”
– Must have excellent written and spoken communication skills
– Must have experience with computer systems and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Wine Direct, ATS, Canada Post, Loomis
– Must have basic understanding of Accounting
– Must be able to type minimum 50 WPM
– Winery experience is a must
– Minimum 3-4 years of administrative experience
– Perform basic HR related tasks and functions
– Must be 19 years of age with a valid BC Serving It Right Certificate and Drivers License
This position will start at approx. 20 hours/ week (5hrs x 4 days) and can progress to full time. Some weekend work required during busy Long weekends or special events.
8th Generation Vineyard offers a very competitive salary and a health package after one year with the company. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
– data entry: 1 year (Preferred)
– Administrative Assistant: 3 years (Preferred)
To apply for this position, please email a Cover Letter and Resume to Stefanie Schales, info [at] 8thgeneration.com. Please explain why you think you are the ideal person for this job. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.