The GOODS from Homer St. Cafe & Bar
Vancouver, BC | Homer Street Café and Bar is growing our culinary team and looking for a dynamic and energetic Sous Chef to help lead our kitchen. Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine, the leading candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the kitchen. You have a passion for local ingredients, team building and are a dynamic and driven cook with an experienced palate. We are looking for someone who shares our drive, energy and ability to lead an award winning culinary team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
– Daily features, cook development and training
– Manage inventory, food and labour costs
– Execute developed systems and overall organization with our dynamic management team
– Conceive and execute seasonal menu innovation with our Culinary team; implement a consistently high level of cuisine though strong cooking skill
– Serve as a leader and mentor within the restaurant team to inspire trust and transparency through strong coaching and training
– Have a high level of organizational and communication skills
– The ideal candidate should have a minimum of five years experience in a similar environment, with a passion for seasonal cuisine and beautiful ingredients.
WHAT WE OFFER:
– An opportunity to join a growing, forward thinking management team within a progressive hospitality company that fosters upward mobility
– Competitive compensation and benefits
– A workplace that values innovation, communication and a progressive hospitality management perspective
– Full medical and dental benefits
– Mentorship, coaching and a strong leadership team as well as professional and personal development
Please send your resume in confidence to: jchovancek [at] wentworthhospitalitygroup.com.
We thank everyone for their interest but only qualified applicants will be contacted.