The GOODS from Culinary Capers
Vancouver, BC | With Fall beautifully in full swing, Culinary Capers Executive Chef Stewart Boyles is sharing his recipe for roasted butternut squash soup with parmesan and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup | Serves 10-12
6 cups roasted Butternut squash*
1 large yellow onion, diced
1/3 cup butter
4 oz grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup whipping cream
8 cups vegetable stock
½ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
– Melt butter in a large pot over medium low heat.
– Add diced onions and cook until soft and translucent.
– Add roasted squash and stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
– Remove from heat. Blend until smooth, adding Parmesan cheese gradually.
– Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds
*Start with 2 large squash (about 3lbs each). Cut in half lengthwise, remove seeds and place upside down on a baking tray. Roast in a 350F oven until squash is completely. Cool and scoop out the flesh.