The GOODS from Como Taperia
Vancouver, BC | Como Taperia, a new 60 seat authentic Spanish tapas restaurant and bar opening in the heart of Mount Pleasant this November. We are absolutely in love with everything Spain and hope to spread the love here in Vancouver with great food, great drinks and great vibes. Our focus is for locally driven produce as well as using the absolutely best ingredients Spain has to offer to deliver a one of a kind experience that’s hard to find outside of Madrid or Barcelona.
We are still looking for a few line cook positions, a prep cook, and dishwashers. We’re actively seeking out people with energy, reliability, and a strong work ethic. Our people will be part of our brand bringing the place alive with our passion, creativity, attitude and consistency.
This is a restaurant opening, and these opportunities position you on the ground floor for the first flight of our new endeavour. The skill’s you acquire during an opening is uncanny and yet it will be challenging, it will be a character building, great and knowledgeable experience.
What we want you will have:
– A positive make it happen attitude (truly fundamental)
– Formal Culinary training preferred
– Food Safe Certification
– Must be self-motivated
– Ability to adapt quickly to change, and work efficiently under pressure
– Proficient written and spoken English communication skills in order to effectively interact with team members in a busy kitchen environment
– Ability to work a variety of shifts across 7-day opening hours, days, evenings and weekends
– Work experience in top quality establishments, and Spanish restaurants an asset
– Leadership, guidance and training team
– Working the stations and running the line
– Help in achieving labour and food cost targets
– Inventory, ordering and par level management
– Ensuring consistency and quality is above the expected levels
– Management of prep duties
What we supply you:
– Competitive salary
– Long term employment
– Above average weekly tip out
– Staff meal
– The opportunity to grow develop you skills from our chef/management team
– Staff incentives
– Medical benefits
If you would like to find out more then please email in a resume and cover letter detailing current work experience and a little bit about yourself. We look forward to meeting you! Only suitable applicants will be contacted. Please send CV to info [at] comotaperia.com.