The GOODS from Tacofino
Vancouver, BC | Tacofino is excited to announce that we will be opening a brand new 100+ seat restaurant in Mount Pleasant. Committed to creative food and inspired spaces, we will be creating a high-energy guest experience and are excited to share it with the Mount Pleasant community.
Our newest location will boast a large bar and comfortable laid-back dining room influenced by a mix of Spanish colonial style and folk art found in southwest Mexico and California. Our menu will draw inspiration from flavors found at beachside BBQs on the west coast of Vancouver Island, small alleyway cantinas, and street food from around the world.
We are looking for a General Manager to bring energy, ideas, and experience. This is your location. You will have input on the systems, procedures, and overall flow. You have an energy that is positive and outgoing personality and able to share it with guests and employees alike.
You recognize that amazing guest experiences are achieved through growth and development of your people and working closely with back of house leaders.
What we offer:
– Competitive salary
– Great bonuses
– Eligibility for extended health and dental benefits
– Eligibility for Employee and Family Assistance Program
– A fantastic workplace environment and culture
– Opportunities for continued growth
– Work/life balance
You will be:
– Developing and implementing processes and procedures to ensure the success of your location
– Interviewing, hiring, and training a team made of leaders, servers, and support staff
– Providing ongoing training opportunities to develop employees
– Promoting a positive work environment and culture by maintaining strong and supportive relationships with all staff
– Working alongside the Chef de Cuisine to control costs and controllables for a profitable operation
– Experience reviewing and understanding P&L statements
– Providing ideas on improving overall flow of the restaurant
– Leading and supporting a team to achieve high levels of quality in service and food
– Aligning your team to restaurant objectives
– Recognizing good performance and supporting employees when improvement is needed
– Maintaining staffing targets by hiring and training staff
– Conducting performance reviews, providing opportunities for ongoing development
– Schedule creation and tracking of all time off, including vacation and sick days
– Creating invoice reports, payroll and inventory for the accounting department
– Other duties as required
– A minimum of three years experience in a General Manager capacity
– Experience in opening a full-service restaurant
– Serving it right
– Culinary experience, knowledge of craft beers, wines, cocktails
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Strong interpersonal skills and able to resolve conflict
– Ability to motivate and develop employees to achieve goals
– Experience with MS Word, Excel
– Excellent time management skills
– Ability to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends, and holidays
At Tacofino, we believe our people are what makes us great. If you are a positive person with a strong work ethic that is looking to come join a fun workplace culture, then we invite you to apply for this role by submitting a cover letter and resume to t.chobotiuk [at] tacofino.com.
We believe in creating an inclusive environment and welcome all qualified applicants to apply.