The GOODS from CinCin
Vancouver, BC | We are currently hiring for a Pastry Chef. A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position is required. Knowledge of traditional Italian desserts, bread making, fine pastry, and individual plating is a must. The ideal candidate is team-oriented, a motivator and teacher, energetic and has a passion for the world of pastries. He or she will have the opportunity to work within a strong kitchen culture that is dedicated to continual growth and development. If you are recognized for being a team-oriented, motivated, energetic and organized individual, we invite you to apply.
Position: Pastry Chef, CinCin Ristorante
Reports to: Executive Chef, CinCin Ristorante
CinCin Ristorante + Bar is located on Robson Street, downtown Vancouver’s popular shopping artery, and steps from the city’s major hotels. For more than 25 years, CinCin has been at the forefront of contemporary Italian cookery; the bar and dining rooms are widely known for their warm ambience, exemplary service and the kitchen for its famous wood-burning oven. The restaurant’s much-lauded wine cellar and award-winning sommeliers attest to CinCin’s notoriety as Vancouver Magazine’s best Italian restaurant.
The Pastry Chef position will curate, develop, oversee and manage the pastry and bread programs for CinCin Ristorante. The Pastry Chef will work with the Executive Chef and support this role in creating and delivering a unique and elevated guest dining experience in harmony with the kitchen’s overall vision. Working with CinCin’s Grillworks Infierno provides the opportunity to add depth of flavour and complexity to any dessert creation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
– Helps to oversee the day-to-day operations
– Maintains exceptional cleanliness and maintains equipment to optimal specifications
– Continuous research and design of Italian pastries and desserts to inspire new creations
– Leads by example
– Maximizes resources and inventories by managing cost, maintaining and monitoring inventory and budget to ensure the best use of inventory and allocation of expenses
– Develops a strong rapport with agents and suppliers
– Under the direction of the Executive Chef, initiates and executes special projects as required
– Serves as an educator, as well as an inspirational, committed and responsible leader to the restaurant’s pastry team
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
– 3+ years of experience leading a pastry driven operation is required
– Experience working in and managing a restaurant pastry department with a capacity exceeding 150 seats
– An ingredient focused approach is key as Italian cuisine is seasonally focused
– Passionate about and have a strong knowledge of Italian bread making (focaccia and ciabatta)
– Experience curating and managing inventory with both fiscal responsibility and award garnering intentions
– Experience managing inventory – good knowledge of food cost and analysis
– Strong verbal and written English communication skills
– Superior conflict resolution skills, with the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, clientele, suppliers, and partners
– Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills
– Ability to handle conflicting deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks
– Comfortable with dealing with media, public speaking, and VIP guests
– Knowledge of and ability to execute classical and traditional pastry technique
– Experience in menu compilation and the ability to collaborate on menu development
– An awareness and active interest in food trends and contemporary developments within pastry
– Ability to lead, train and motivate junior members of staff
– A strong work ethic and commitment to a premium level of quality
Applicants must have Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status, CIS, or a valid work permit.
To apply, please visit www.toptable.ca/careers. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be able to respond to those selected for an interview.