GOODS from Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar
Vancouver, BC | The Bar Manager is an integral part of the functioning of Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar and takes full responsibility for the bar beverage program including cocktails, craft and bottled beer selections, non-spirited beverages and coffee and tea. The Bar Manager ensures staff are properly trained and motivated while participating in daily service as a leader and expert. Financial oversight of the bar program in partnership with the Executive General Manager is an important part of this portfolio. Finally, it is expected that the Bar Manager and bar staff as a whole provide the highest level of service in keeping with a fine dining, five-star environment. All interested applicants are instructed to send their applications to JP Potters, General Manager at jppotters [at] boulevardvancouver.com.
– Establishing and maintaining bar procedures.
– Creation of cocktails and original beverages.
– Hiring and Oversight bar team members.
– Cocktail and Spirits Training.
– Negotiating best pricing for liquor and other bar supplies.
– Maintenance and enforcement of the highest standards of quality, service, and appearance of beverages that leave bar.
– Organizing and Completion of Weekly Bar Inventory.
– Completion of weekly bar schedule and responsibility for managing labor.
– Reduction of waste and responsibility for maintaining appropriate beverage cost in accordance with budget parameters.
– Printing Menus.
– Upkeep and oversight of bar machinery, ice machines, fridges, draft system etc.
– Representing Boulevard in the Vancouver market as an ambassador including media appearances as needed.
Professional & Technical Knowledge
– Minimum 2 years experience in similar role. Minimum 5 years total bar experience. CSS, WSET, ISG or similar certifications and asset. Post Secondary education an asset.
– Knowledge of Hygiene, sanitation, proper food handling, occupational health and safety skills. Boulevard receives an independent audit of our workplace cleanliness. It is the responsibility of the Bar Manager to ensure all procedures are in place and adhered to adhere to Steritech standards.
– Detailed and extensive knowledge of cocktails, spirits, production methods and current trends.
– Able to lead a team and provide guidance by example.
– Maintain a calm and cool demeanor in high volume working conditions.
– Lifting of stock and supplies is required. Long periods of standing are the norm.
– Will be required to work on a shift basis, including weekends and evenings of unspecified duration.
– Must be able to work in a multi-venue environment and be able to maintain supervision of all areas.
Hours: Sunday to Thursday – Dinner until 10:00pm / Bar Service until 12am
Friday and Saturday – Dinner until 11pm / Bar Service until 12am
Weekend Brunch – Saturday and Sunday 10:00am-2:30pm
Photos: Leila Kwok
Alex Chen – Executive Chef
Roger Ma – Chef de Cuisine
Kenta Takahashi – Pastry Chef
Brian Hopkins – Maître D’
JP Potters – General Manager
Isaac Olivier – Assistant General Manager
Shiva Reddy – Sommelier
ABOUT BOULEVARD KITCHEN AND OYSTER BAR
Vancouver’s Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar provides a distinctive showcase for the celebrated culinary vision of Executive Chef Alex Chen and redefines the fine art of dining with subtle, unexpected and playful approaches to cuisine, service and style. With an innovative approach that blends a respect for the past with a celebration of the present, Chen’s seafood-focused menu is grounded in classical technique and training, while artfully infusing casual West Coast flair and creative hints of his international influences.
A crossroads between a classic, European-styled bistro and contemporary bespoke style, the décor embraces local works of art, natural stone and imported Italian marble, up-cycled and refurbished antique chandeliers, white oak floors, violin veneer paneling and subtle accents of bronze and gold. From the stylish dining room, seated oyster bar and craft-cocktail and champagne bar to the vintage-style lounge, private dining room and expansive wrap-around outdoor patio, Boulevard offers guests a wide range of culinary experiences — from early morning to late at night.