THE GOODS FROM Le Vieux Pin
Oliver, BC | Vancouver’s Bauhaus Restaurant is teaming up with the Okanagan’s Le Vieux Pin for a New World twist on two seminal European culinary cultures. On Tuesday, October 27 2015, Bauhaus will host a five-course dinner. Guests will enjoy premium bottles from Le Vieux Pin, which uses traditional French winemaking techniques, paired with both traditional and contemporary German dishes. The dinner at Bauhaus will be prepared by world-renowned Michelin Star Chef Stefan Hartmann, and the courses will be paired with the following wines from Le Vieux Pin.
* 2014 Vaïla Pinot Noir Rosé
* 2012 & 2014 Ava (Viognier, Roussanne, and Marsanne blend)
* 2013 Syrah Cuvee Violette & 2012 Syrah Cuvee Classique
* 2012 Équinoxe Syrah – recently released flagship wine
* 2010 Syrah Cuvee Classique -Library
Le Vieux Pin 10 year Anniversary Dinner
$190 per person exclusive of taxes and gratuity
Tuesday, October 27, 2015 | Time: 7pm
Bauhaus Restaurant | 1 W Cordova St., Vancouver | 604-974-1147
The winemaker’s dinner comes on the heels of a number of exciting placements of Le Vieux Pin wines in several Michelin Starred Restaurants in Europe including:
* Sven Oetzel, Chef Sommelier, La Vie, Osnabruck, 3 michelin star: “Le Vieux Pin’s wines deliver the charming fruit drinkers love from new-world yet unlike many wines from the new-world they retain a freshness and elegance that is often lacking.”
* Marcel Runge, Head Sommelier, Aqua at Ritz Carlton, Wolfsburg, 3 michelin star: “I love the purity of character in Le Vieux Pin’s Syrah. The fruit is presented in a clean and transparent way, not hidden behind oak or excessive winemaking. There is a litheness to the wines that makes them very charming and a joy to pair with our food.”
Le Vieux Pin Winery | 5496 Black Sage Rd Oliver, B.C. V0H 1T0
Phone: 250-498-8388 | Fax: 250-498-8399
Web: www.levieuxpin.ca | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Tasting Room Hours: Mar-Oct, 11am-5pm | Off-season: by appointments.
The People That Make It Happen
Winemaker: Severine Pinte
About Le Vieux Pin
With first vintage released in 2005, Le Vieux Pin is situated on the famed Black Sage Bench in Canada’s only pocket desert in the South Okanagan Valley of British Columbia. Le Vieux Pin is named after the majestic old pine tree in their Oliver vineyard. Canadian wine industry considers Le Vieux pin the leading Syrah and Viognier, Roussanne, Marsanne producer in BC. The wines capture the essence of French winemaking tradition, but with the fruit and character of the New World. Le Vieux Pin is dedicated to making wines that are elegant and focused, with stamp of time and place. Along with their sister winery, LaStella, they have upwards of 50 acres of prime vineyards in Oliver’s Golden Mile and Black Sage Bench, as well as the Osoyoos Lake district. In their commitment to excellence, Le Vieux Pin practises low input viticulture and sustainable farming to achieve very low yields and complex, concentrated flavours in their grapes. The winemaking philosophy is non-interventionism in approach. These fine wines can be sourced in select restaurants and fine wine merchants across Canada, Japan, Hong Kong, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden and Holland.
Á votre santé!