The GOODS from Notturno
Vancouver, BC | New York cocktail enthusiasts will agree that Death & Company, Employees Only, and Booker and Dax are some of the finest cocktail icons. This month at Notturno, we’re offering up some of their originals, like the Glo-Sour, Tea Time, Naked and Famous, and the Provençal. There’s never been a better time to imbibe.
Next up, February 16 marks the kick-off of our wine dinner series highlighting the Italian region of Le Marche. There are still a few spots left, so reserve yours today. Tickets for A Taste of Le Marche are $100, wine pairings included. Taxes and auto-gratuity extra. To purchase, please call 604-720-3145. Guests will receive a “passport” outlining the 11 countries/regions chosen for the series. Each dinner you attend gets you a stamp. If you attend five, you’ll receive a Notturno gift card, redeemable during regular business hours. Because “this one goes to 11”, if you attend the first 10, the last one is on us.
– Pane Bello and Serego Alighieri extra virgin olive oil, maldon salt
– Warm Castelvetrano olives, extra virgin olive oil, cracked chili, maldon salt
– Local cured sardines, lardo and pancetta pesto
– Beef Carpaccio, Serego Alighieri extra virgin olive oil, balsamic romantico, crumbled pecorino cheese, maldon salt, cracked pepper
– Potted chicken livers, Marsala gelatina
– Bucatini carbonara, shallots, pancetta, white wine, whole egg, cracked pepper and pecorino cheese
– Feature pasta
– Burrata (choice of)
Straight up: Serego Alighieri extra virgin olive oil, maldon salt, ?cracked pepper
Chickpeas: warmed with olive oil, shallots, garlic, Prosecco vinegar, ?cracked chili
‘Nduja: soft and spicy from Calabria Italy
– Salumi and cheese board with accoutrements
– Felice – Lemon and coffee bean infused grappa, Cinzano Rosso vermouth, red wine reduction and white truffle syrup, Aphrodite bitters.
– Glo-Sour – Turmeric-infused gin, sugar, house made rapid orange bitters and lemon juice (created by Booker and Dax, New York’s East Village).
– Tea Time – Darjeeling-infused milk-washed vodka, honey, lemon juice and a pinch of salt (created by Booker and Dax, New York’s East Village)
– Naked and Famous – Mezcal, yellow chartreuse, Aperol and lime juice (created by Death & Company, New York’s East Village).
– Provençal – Lavender-infused gin, vermouth de Provence and Cointreau (created by Employees Only, New York’s West Village).
280 Carrall Street | Vancouver, BC
Telephone: 604-720-3145 | Email: info [at] notturnogastown.ca
Web: www.notturnogastown.ca | Twitter: @notturnogastown
Hours: Open Tuesday to Saturday: 6 p.m. to late | No reservations
Chef/Co-owner – William Robitaille
Bartender – H
Co-owner – Scott McTavish
A Gastown Italian bàcari with an ever-changing selection of cicchetti share plates, craft cocktails, wines by the glass and BC-brewed craft beers, Notturno has something for everyone.
Chef and co-owner William Robitaille has designed Italian-inspired fare with a focus on seasonal, market-fresh products. Industry trained in the West Coast style with Italian and Spanish influences, Robitaille has worked in some of the finest restaurants in Vancouver and Whistler where he developed new and exciting menus. Wine consultant Chris Royal has curated a wine program that expertly complements the food menu.
Known around the world simply as “H”, Notturno’s craft cocktail maker and Vancouver Magazine’s Bartender of the Year for 2013, designed our signature cocktail Gli Felice. This along with H’s five monthly creations is sure to please every taste. Like our menu, our space delivers an eclectic combination of historic and modern.
The new look by Andrea Rodman Interiors is designed to combine the rustic look synonymous with the surrounding Gastown neighbourhood and modern detailing. Master woodworkers Josh Hooge and Steve McFarlane of J&S Reclaimed Wood Custom Furniture have created a new feature wall and bar counter.
Eater Magazine – Vancouver Heat Map | This tiny bar and restaurant tucked away on Carrall has cocktail fans thoroughly over-excited thanks to bartender H’s creative concoctions – impressively, William Robitaille’s Italian tapas even delighted notoriously hard-to-please Globe & Mail critic Alexandra Gill.
Alexandra Gill, Globe and Mail | Notturno’s signature Gli Felice is, as advertised, “a taste of Tuscany in a glass.” I happily say to you that of all the tiny tapas-style wine bars in Gastown, Notturno hits higher than most.
Vancouver Magazine | Don’t miss chef’s succulent Venetian ling cod, which is poached and whipped with olive oil while warm, then served with salty pops of steelhead roe […] “H” (Vancouver magazine’s 2013 Bartender of the Year) mixes exacting craft cocktails with bitter-predominant Italian flair.