The GOODS from Notturno
Vancouver, BC | October’s new menu celebrates the arrival of Autumn Italian-style with a variety of new fish, meat and vegetarian dishes, not to mention rice pudding with Italian brandy and orange crema for dessert. And what better way to toast the arrival of Fall than with whiskey? This month’s cocktail features have you covered from North America to the British Isles. Take a look at the new menu and cocktail additions and learn more about Notturno after the jump…
• Warm Castelvetrano olives, cracked chili, olive oil and Maldon salt
• Ricotta bruschetta, crushed toasted walnuts, petite greens, truffle honey
• Potted chicken livers with a Marsala gelatina
• Marinated local white anchovies and roasted red pepper salad, microgreens and herbs, garlic purée, salsa verde
• Smoked local Albacore tuna carpaccio, cured lemon vinaigrette, truffled Italian dwarf peaches, paprika crema
• Braised lamb shank, red wine, garlic, onions, San Marzano tomatoes, white beans
• Farro risotto, shallots, garlic, fall squash, lobster stock, mascarpone cheese, prosciutto crisp
• Fregola Sarda, clams, spicy Italian sausage, San Marzano tomatoes, white wine
• Feature pasta, please ask server for details
• Burrata, lentil salad, mustard vinaigrette, beetroot fluid gel
• Local salumi and Italian cheese board
• Rice pudding, Italian brandy and orange crema
• Felice – Lemon and coffee bean infused grappa, Cinzano Rosso vermouth, red wine reduction and white truffle syrup, Aphrodite bitters
• Highland Fling – Scotch whiskey, Rosso vermouth, orange bitters
• Irish Cocktail – Jameson, Cointreau, absinthe, maraschino, bitters
• London Fog Sour – American rye whiskey, orange flower water, orgeat syrup, lemon juice, egg whites, nutmeg dusting
• Campfire Flip — Canadian whiskey, French brandy, maple and marshmallow syrup, whole egg, chocolate dusting, graham cracker on the side
Notturno is located at 280 Carrall Street in Gastown. Regular hours are Tuesdays to Saturdays, 6 p.m. to late.
280 Carrall Street | Vancouver, BC
Telephone: 604-720-3145 | Email: info [at] notturnogastown.ca
Web: www.notturnogastown.ca | Twitter: @notturnogastown
Hours: Open Tuesday to Saturday: 6 p.m. to late | No reservations
Chef/Co-owner – William Robitaille
Bartender – H
Co-owner – Scott McTavish
Wine Consultant – Chris Royal
A Gastown Italian bàcari with an ever-changing selection of cicchetti share plates, craft cocktails, wines by the glass and BC-brewed craft beers, Notturno has something for everyone.
Chef and co-owner William Robitaille has designed Italian-inspired fare with a focus on seasonal, market-fresh products. Industry trained in the West Coast style with Italian and Spanish influences, Robitaille has worked in some of the finest restaurants in Vancouver and Whistler where he developed new and exciting menus. Wine consultant Chris Royal has curated a wine program that expertly complements the food menu.
Known around the world simply as “H”, Notturno’s craft cocktail maker and Vancouver Magazine’s Bartender of the Year for 2013, designed our signature cocktail Gli Felice. This along with H’s five monthly creations is sure to please every taste. Like our menu, our space delivers an eclectic combination of historic and modern.
The new look by Andrea Rodman Interiors is designed to combine the rustic look synonymous with the surrounding Gastown neighbourhood and modern detailing. Master woodworkers Josh Hooge and Steve McFarlane of J&S Reclaimed Wood Custom Furniture have created a new feature wall and bar counter.
Eater Magazine – Vancouver Heat Map | This tiny bar and restaurant tucked away on Carrall has cocktail fans thoroughly over-excited thanks to bartender H’s creative concoctions – impressively, William Robitaille’s Italian tapas even delighted notoriously hard-to-please Globe & Mail critic Alexandra Gill.
Alexandra Gill, Globe and Mail | Notturno’s signature Gli Felice is, as advertised, “a taste of Tuscany in a glass.” I happily say to you that of all the tiny tapas-style wine bars in Gastown, Notturno hits higher than most.
Vancouver Magazine | Don’t miss chef’s succulent Venetian ling cod, which is poached and whipped with olive oil while warm, then served with salty pops of steelhead roe […] “H” (Vancouver magazine’s 2013 Bartender of the Year) mixes exacting craft cocktails with bitter-predominant Italian flair.