The GOODS from Forage
Vancouver, BC | Forage is on the lookout for both a Junior Chef de Partie and a Senior Chef de Partie. The positions are responsible for assisting the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, and Catering Chef in the smooth and efficient operation of the kitchen and to continually maintain and exceed all standards of service and guest satisfaction. They would be responsible for contributing to an environment within the kitchen which encourages fellow co-workers to be happy, motivated and proud of the products and services provided by the hotel and food & beverage staff, resulting in a joyful, memorable, relaxed and casual event for the guest. Get all of the details, including duties, responsibilities, and position requirements, after the jump…
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Check the weekly schedule as you are responsible for your weekly shift
– Meet or exceed the knowledge, skills and behaviour requirements for Chef de Partie that includes, but is not limited to:
– Daily mise en place required for station worked.
– Prepare, arrange and serve food according to standards set by Executive Chef
– Always follow food safe procedures
– Be aware of kitchen situation at all times
– Ensure that food is of correct quality and standard.
– Maintain a clean and organized work area.
– Ensure food is properly stored and wrapped.
– Keep aware of daily functions in restaurant and catering.
– Maintain effective communication within the kitchen with Executive Chef, Executive Sous-chef, and Catering chef
– Communicate with your manager about challenges that you experience and partner with them in creating solutions.
The Senior Chef de Partie position also includes the following duties:
– When designated, take the role of shift supervisor
– Assist and guide others as required.
– Ensure proper food safe procedures are followed by all staff.
– Check twice daily and document all food holding, fridge and freezer temperatures.
– Show creative input and interest in the job.
– Control cost by minimizing spoilage, waste and exercising portion control.
– Ensure fridges, freezers and work areas are left in a tidy and organized manner.
– Ensure seafood is iced twice daily.
– Rotate stock.
– Any other duties that may be assigned periodically
Food Safe Level 1 certification or equivalent is required
Excellent organizational skills are required
Bondable is generally required
Physical mobility and stamina is required (must be able to lift 25 kg)
Must be able to work standing for 8 hour shifts, and overtime as required.
Professional attitude required
Ability to follow instructions & work independently is required
Good organizational and time management skills is required
Detail orientation is required
Good communication skills in English are required
Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) knowledge is an asset
Advanced wine knowledge an asset
Graduation from a recognized culinary program is an asset
Red seal certification or equivalent is an asset
Appreciation of the arts is an asset
If you are interested in applying for the position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or fax 604.684.7092 or drop it off at the front desk of The Listel Hotel by May 20, 2014.
Chris Whittaker | Executive Chef
Margot Baloro | Restaurant Manager
Matthew President | Assistant Restaurant Manager
Forage stands for everything I care about. It represents what I was taught about food preparation both when I was growing up and over the course of my career in the kitchen. To me Forage means that we no longer seek out excess and indulgence, but instead revisit a time when we respected the land and oceans and took only what we needed to survive. It is about being stewards of our land and true conservationists, as we conduct our business and live our lives. It is about goodness, about taking care of each other, and bringing together our community over good food. Our philosophy is a way of life as much as a way of doing business. Saving energy, conserving water, composting and local/responsible purchasing policies all make a positive contribution to our world and our company’s bottom line. Casual, comfortable and affordable, Forage celebrates all things BC. The menu is locally focused in both food and beverage; service is attentive yet never fussy, and its approachable West End location (1300 Robson Street beside The Listel Hotel) makes Forage a local’s locale. It’s an ideal destination for breakfast 7 days a week, brunch on weekends and nightly for drinks and dinner from 4pm.
Chris Whittaker, Executive Chef