The GOODS from The Juice Truck
Vancouver, BC | The Juice Truck in Gastown is on the hunt to hire a full-time ‘juicetender.’ This Juice Truck is a cold pressed juice and smoothie business on wheels located at the corner of Water & Abbott. Here’s how it goes. A day in the life of a juice tender:
– Firstly, you’re a team player. Being fun and positive are major keys to being a top tier juicer!
– You communicate regularly and clearly.
– You are disciplined, focused and driven to grow and be the best you can be!
– You are there for setting up and prepping the truck.
– Your main tasks are juicing, smoothie making and working the window…but juicing will be your main focus.
– And of course, Clean up at the end of the day…hose down the truck, wash the dishes and prep for another big day of juicing.
Skills to be a professional Juicetender:
– Drivers licence and willing to drive large food truck.
– Previous restaurant/cafe experience in either front or back of house (serving or kitchen experience).
– Customer service experience…are you a green juice connoisseur or a raw food romancer?
– Time management…line up of customers…long list of juice…no problem.
If the juice life sounds like the life for you, please respond to drink [at] thejuicetruck.ca with your resume and a cover letter. Learn more about us after the jump…
In: A big pink (technically, it’s watermelon) truck.
On: The corner of Abbott and Water Streets, Gastown. Sometimes Kits on the weekend.
When: 11:30am – 5:00pm, weekdays. Check our Twitter and Facebook for weekends.
Web: thejuicetruck.ca | Twitter | Facebook
Ryan Slater, Juice Tender
Zach Berman, Juice Tender
Never underestimate the power of a trek through the Himalayas to change your life. We (Zach and Ryan, Juice Tenders) tossed around ideas of going into business together for years, but it was two weeks into a Himalayan trek, snowbound in a small Nepalese village when inspiration struck.
We noticed the locals drinking a vibrant, sweet smelling, orange-coloured drink. We discovered it was made from Seabuckthorn berries and it supplied these high altitude locals with most of their nutrients. It was this juice, so essential to their health, which changed our perspective on juice and sparked a new idea.
We spent the next year travelling the world, never going very long without seeking out the nearest juice stand. How many other nutritious, Seabuckthorn-like juices and juice blends were there out there that we could bring them to Canada? Turns out, quite a few.
When we came home, The Juice Truck was born.
Juice does some amazing things for your body and health. It’s also delicious, refreshing and hydrating, which is every bit as important. Especially the delicious part.
We make the most nutritionally complete juice possible. Our premium cold press makes juice that contains more essential vitamins, minerals and enzymes than juice made any other way. The cold press also preserves the natural flavours of the produce, which we feel makes the juice tastier.
We support local produce and organic farming practices as a way of extending our passion for healthy living beyond our cozy corner of Water and Abbott Streets. In the case of fruits and vegetables that just aren’t locally or seasonally available (mmmmm, pineapple), we take a long look at potential suppliers to verify their growing standards and practices measure up to our standards.
In 2012, we added The Juice Cleanse (thejuicecleanse.ca) to The Juice Truck family. It’s part two of our ongoing passion with all things juice!