GOODS from Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar
Vancouver, BC | Boulevard Kitchen and Oyster Bar is searching for an experienced sommelier and service manager with an advanced understanding of wine and spirits. This position is an excellent opportunity to learn the mechanics and logistics of an advanced and wide-ranging wine program.
Boulevard’s wine program is international in scope, comprised of over 500 wines from benchmark producers and regions of the world. Our focus is on providing exceptional wine service experiences for our guests paired with our award-winning culinary offerings.
This is a rare opportunity to work with 2018 Canadian Culinary Championship winner Chef Alex Chen and Executive Chef Roger Ma, as well as an all-star front-of-house team that helped Boulevard win the title of Best Upscale Restaurant at the 2018 Vancouver Magazine Restaurant Awards. From the acute attention to detail in service to the understated elegance of the restaurant’s seafood-focused cuisine infused with casual West Coast flair, Boulevard sets forth an uncompromising standard of excellence guaranteed to capture the attention of food-savvy Vancouver residents and visitors alike.
Requirements & Qualifications
– University or College Diploma preferred
– Minimum of three years of experience in fine dining and a wine and spirit accreditation equal to WSET level three or diploma, ISG, CAPS, CMS Advanced Candidate or Completed.
– Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
– Desired candidate traits include strong organizational skills, work ethic, dedication to guest satisfaction and a desire to expand service, beverage and food knowledge
– This position requires evenings and weekend shifts
– Ability to lift and move boxes up to 20 kg
– Participation in tasting and purchasing wines
– Access to weekly tastings, lunches and wine-focused events in Vancouver
– Inventory and receiving of wines
– Processing of invoices and liaison work with the LDB
– Daily service involvement as a floor manager / sommelier focused on providing wine pairings, general wine advice and engaging and interacting with guests
– The target work week for this position is 50hrs
This position logically progresses to the Wine Director or Assistant General Manager role.
Please send your resume to cgoleski [at] boulevardvancouver.ca.
Eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to your meeting with you.